RadeonSI Compute Shader Patches Revised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.

My understanding is that the card will consume almost as much when forced to high as it would at full load, but I'm not really sure.
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      To be precise, we said that we are not currently planning to support 1.8 with Linux Catalyst, focusing on the amdgpu hybrid driver instead.
      What about Ubuntu 14.04.5 with Xorg 1.18? I am all for new strategy, but it's probably bad idea to force it on users of previous LTS.

Comment

14.04.5 will have pretty much the same graphics stack as 16.04, so current fglrx will not work with it.

My 4am understanding is that 14.04.2/3/4 will EOL when 14.04.5 comes out and will ask users if they want to upgrade to 14.04.5. We are working with Canonical on an associated set of recommendations for users, either migrating to amdgpu hybrid or to the all-open stack.

We may end up spinning Linux Catalyst for 1.18 but I would rather see effort go into amdgpu hybrid than into fglrx.
        Last edited by bridgman; 16 April 2016, 04:29 AM.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
          What about Ubuntu 14.04.5 with Xorg 1.18? I am all for new strategy, but it's probably bad idea to force it on users of previous LTS.
          Sounds more like Canonical is forcing this by not keeping the LTS in minimal changes mode but pushing new features

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol

Numbers for R9 390 when GPU utilization is 0%:
            power_dpm_force_performance_level Watts
            low x
            auto x+42
            high x+94
            Numbers for R9 390 when running "vblank_mode=1 glxgears":
            power_dpm_force_performance_level Watts
            low x+13
            auto x+123
            high x+123
            Note 1: These numbers are only approximate.

Note 2: CPU power consumption has been filtered out.

Note 3: Running an OpenGL game instead of "vblank_mode=1 glxgears" will result in higher GPU power consumption.
            Thanks. I noticed my card is way hotter when I have the High profile enabled. So as you demonstrated and as Bridgman said, the power consumption is quite high.

Comment

Working...
            X