Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Now Officially At OpenGL 4.2 Compliance

Phoronix: RadeonSI Now Officially At OpenGL 4.2 Compliance

As the last update of the day from AMD RadeonSI Gallium3D Is Now Incredibly Close To OpenGL 4.3, things are looking great with RadeonSI soon hitting OpenGL 4.3 but today the latest commits have now verified the OpenGL 4.2 compliance...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awsome!
    As for compute shaders - I would say before the next mesa release we will have 4.3 - ISTR there was work being done on it on the mailing list

Comment

Compute shaders - later this week is my bet.

I think they were mainly just waiting on the SSBO patches to land, unless there is something on the LLVM side holding it up.

Comment

I've compiled the latest mesa-git (11.3.0-devel) against llvm-svn (3.9.0) using xf86-video-ati-7.7.0 and OpenGL 4.2 is also exposed. So it's not xf86-video-amdgpu only.

Comment

Awesome!

As for new stuff - with AMD now going full steam ahead with mesa drivers, we may see very fast development here. I think it's possible to even get to OGL4.5 in a matter of months.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMachine View Post
            I've compiled the latest mesa-git (11.3.0-devel) against llvm-svn (3.9.0) using xf86-video-ati-7.7.0 and OpenGL 4.2 is also exposed. So it's not xf86-video-amdgpu only.
            Yeah, the Xorg driver doesn't matter for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber Killer View Post
              Awesome!

As for new stuff - with AMD now going full steam ahead with mesa drivers, we may see very fast development here. I think it's possible to even get to OGL4.5 in a matter of months.
              Yeah, I would expect mesa 12 as next release with at least core support for OpenGL 4.5, with some drivers with at least 4.4 compliance. :-)
              Most of patches are already on mailing list and remaining extensions seems to be based on already available stuff.

Comment

AMD RadeonSI Gallium3D will also get OpenGL ES 3.1 once compute_shader status is green.

Comment

radeonsi is now top on the leader board
                  90% done, wow
                  mesa (93.2%) 177 4.3 3.1
                  radeonsi (90.5%) 172 4.2 N/A
                  nvc0 (88.9%) 169 4.1 N/A
                  i965 (88.9%) 169 3.3 3.1
                  r600 (85.8%) 163 4.1 N/A
                  softpipe (78.9%) 150 3.3 N/A
                  nv50 (73.2%) 139 3.3 N/A
                  llvmpipe (72.6%) 138 3.3 N/A

Comment

Argh, now I have to buy a GCN GPU ... I've been resisting for so long :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X