Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 11.2.0 Has Been Officially Released

Phoronix: Mesa 11.2.0 Has Been Officially Released

Mesa 11.2 is arriving a month late, but it's now available this morning as the latest ~3 month update for the project. Mesa 11.2 does have many improvements, but it doesn't advance the OpenCL core support level for any of the prominent hardware drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Unless someone gets stuck into that robust buffer access extension (unlikely while there are other extensions that need work, considering everyone says that it's not used by anything) that may not happen. I suppose it IS just a version number but unfortunately it does mean that games will have to be run with OpenGL version overrides for a little while longer

Comment

It looks like everything to enable OpenGL 4.3 on radeonsi is now on the mailing list

Comment

Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post
        Unless someone gets stuck into that robust buffer access extension (unlikely while there are other extensions that need work, considering everyone says that it's not used by anything) that may not happen. I suppose it IS just a version number but unfortunately it does mean that games will have to be run with OpenGL version overrides for a little while longer
        Not too much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by ResponseWriter View Post
          A piece of news that Phoronix hasn't reported on yet. Well then, bring on the OGL 4.4 compatibility come summer.

Comment

BTW, i forgot what exactly i need to do to make OpenGL overrides, anyone wants to share the info ?

TIA,
            AJSB

Comment

Something along the lines of MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.1COMPAT ./someapp

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
                BTW, i forgot what exactly i need to do to make OpenGL overrides, anyone wants to share the info ?
                MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.3 ./game

You might also want to set MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE. Have a look at http://mesa3d.org/envvars.html

Comment

Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post

A piece of news that Phoronix hasn't reported on yet. Well then, bring on the OGL 4.4 compatibility come summer.
                  It's just GL_ARB_clear_texture and GL_ARB_query_buffer_object that's missing for OpenGL 4.4 on radeonsi now

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

It's just GL_ARB_clear_texture and GL_ARB_query_buffer_object that's missing for OpenGL 4.4 on radeonsi now
                    And enhanced_layouts, which Tim Arceri has been working on for all drivers.

4.5 is practically done, too. Mostly just finishing off some ES3.1 compat code.

Comment

Working...
                    X