Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI/Gallium3D Is Almost Ready For Shader Images Support

Phoronix: RadeonSI/Gallium3D Is Almost Ready For Shader Images Support

AMD's Nicolai Hähnle on Sunday posted another large Mesa patch series, this time more preparation work for shader images support within Gallium3D...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does it mean that clover will finally have image support? O_O
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

i am pretty sure radeonsi will be in good shape when polaris will be released. now i'm only concerned with polaris-specific support. will it be supported on release?

Comment

I guess they're building a foundation to build upon. Hopefully Polaris will run with the free stack from the start. Would be good PR, too.
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

You know its funny, I have been getting allot of shader texture crashes in games and I guess this could possibly explain why?

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
            You know its funny, I have been getting allot of shader texture crashes in games and I guess this could possibly explain why?
            What games have you report the problems?

Comment

Well ARMA3 crashes whenever you spawn near a island (try spawning out at far edge of islands in editor then boat your way to shore). Also I believe ARK has given me problems even starting a game up and was related to some texture shader overload jumberly stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                Phoronix: RadeonSI/Gallium3D Is Almost Ready For Shader Images Support

AMD's Nicolai Hähnle on Sunday posted another large Mesa patch series, this time more preparation work for shader images support within Gallium3D...
                The final part has made it to the mailing list as well. This series got amended by patches 6.5/20, 21/20 and 22/20 in the mean time.

Comment

@theriddick Every sane game should check the presence of required extensions (radeonsi doesn't report ARB_image_load_store as a supported extension and it doesn't advertise support for GL 4.2+). Anyway, I don't think that's the cause of any of those bugs. Image Load/Store is usually used for rendering techniques like order-independent transparency, so if the game did anything like that, it probably wouldn't work at all.

Does anyone know about the state of Compute Shaders and SSBOs is in RadeonSI, are they being worked on?

Comment

Working...
                  X