Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 11.2 RC1 Now Available: Intel Still At OpenGL 3.3, Radeon/Nouveau At OpenGL 4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post

Mesa is an OpenGL implementation, it doesn't have Vulkan support.
    Wrong, Intel stated that they want to merge their Vulkan implementation into Mesa.
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
      Just wondering, since I hear Mesa has vulkan support, are nouveau and radeon compatible with vulkan yet?
      No, as covered in multiple articles, all of the current Intel Mesa Vulkan code is heavily designed around Intel specifically and isn't really shared code. AMD is doing their own Vulkan driver stack that they will open-source down the road while the binary release of it will happen in near future.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post

Mesa is an OpenGL implementation, it doesn't have Vulkan support.
        Mesa is a central pilar of the linux graphics stck which happendls to include an OpenGL implementation. It hasn't been just OpenGL for a long while

Comment

So will AMD Fiji now be at OpenGL 4.1 with mesa 11.2? I am at 3.0 now with mesa 11.1.2

Comment

Originally posted by HarlemSquirrel View Post
            So will AMD Fiji now be at OpenGL 4.1 with mesa 11.2? I am at 3.0 now with mesa 11.1.2
            You probably need a newer LLVM.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

You probably need a newer LLVM.
              So I'll need LLVM 3.8 and Mesa 11.2?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

No, as covered in multiple articles, all of the current Intel Mesa Vulkan code is heavily designed around Intel specifically and isn't really shared code. AMD is doing their own Vulkan driver stack that they will open-source down the road while the binary release of it will happen in near future.
                Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post

Mesa is a central pilar of the linux graphics stck which happendls to include an OpenGL implementation. It hasn't been just OpenGL for a long while
                  You're confusing "Mesa" with "the Mesa git repository".

Comment

Originally posted by HarlemSquirrel View Post
                    When looking at the glxinfo output look for the core profile version that looks like this:
                    Code:
                    OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 11.0.6
                    The compatibility profile will be stuck at 3.0 for the forseable future and looks like this:
                    Code:
                    OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 11.0.6

Comment

Working...
                    X