Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 11.2 RC1 Now Available: Intel Still At OpenGL 3.3, Radeon/Nouveau At OpenGL 4.1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mesa 11.2 RC1 Now Available: Intel Still At OpenGL 3.3, Radeon/Nouveau At OpenGL 4.1

    Phoronix: Mesa 11.2 RC1 Now Available: Intel Still At OpenGL 3.3, Radeon/Nouveau At OpenGL 4.1

    The first release candidate of Mesa 11.2 is now available and this also signifies the branching of 11.2 from Mesa Git master...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...=Mesa-11.2-RC1

  • #2
    let's speculate: june mesa will have opengl 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 or 4.5 for radeonsi ? every version seems almost done
    Last edited by pal666; 22 February 2016, 10:46 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think OpenGL 4.0 is not available for i965 because GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 isn't done yet.... pity... :-/

      Comment


      • #4
        how about r600g OpenGl 4 on fp64 capable HW ? 11.1.2 is still 3.3 by default on my radeon 5830

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by haplo602 View Post
          how about r600g OpenGl 4 on fp64 capable HW ? 11.1.2 is still 3.3 by default on my radeon 5830
          Have you tried deleting ~/.drirc ?
          You need mesa 11.2
          Last edited by Nille_kungen; 22 February 2016, 12:03 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            let's speculate: june mesa will have opengl 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 or 4.5 for radeonsi ? every version seems almost done
            At the rhythm things are getting done it may take 2 full years...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by haplo602 View Post
              how about r600g OpenGl 4 on fp64 capable HW ? 11.1.2 is still 3.3 by default on my radeon 5830
              you should have 4.1 in 11.2

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by haplo602 View Post
                how about r600g OpenGl 4 on fp64 capable HW ? 11.1.2 is still 3.3 by default on my radeon 5830
                if you want good support for OSS drivers consider Fedora, Opensuse or even better Archlinux + lcarlier repo

                your current stack is too old to support 4.1 and git have shader cache

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just wondering, since I hear Mesa has vulkan support, are nouveau and radeon compatible with vulkan yet?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rabcor View Post
                    Just wondering, since I hear Mesa has vulkan support, are nouveau and radeon compatible with vulkan yet?
                    Mesa is an OpenGL implementation, it doesn't have Vulkan support.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X