A Ton Of Direct3D 9 "Nine" State Tracker Improvements Hit Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by artivision View Post

In FFXIII, my i3-3110 with prime and 8670m, gives 13fps. On Windowz and Catalyst without enhancements gives 27fps. I didn't test those new patches, could you do some testing? Anyway Gallium Nine has a lot of overhead to. My Cpu is always full and my Gpu always empty.

Perhaps too early to tell, but it seems we found some games use some non-standard rendering path that is supposed to be fast path, but isn't fast on nine. We're on it.

EDIT: and yes, this 'fast path' that is slow on nine would display high cpu usage and low gpu usage when it is used.
    Last edited by mannerov; 05 February 2016, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nabero View Post

Does anyone knows the reason why it behaves like this ?

On AMD -> Uses AMD created RESZ hack
      On Nvidia -> Uses Nvidia extended d3d9 API. Problem: It can't find it ! So it just doesn't work. A lot of Nvidia users have the same issues on windows, you can google it.
      No idea what it does on intel, but it likely uses RESZ. The Nvidia extended d3d9 API isn't very useful, and this seems to be one of the rare case where it is used.

Comment

Yay! I can confirm that this fixes Counter-Strike: Source on nouveau (all source games used to crash).

Comment

The 'slow path' fix has been sent to ml.

Comment

I tried the latest Ixit/Mesa-3D. The minimum FPS seems to have improved indeed, especially in Skyrim, there are no more drops below ~28 FPS. However i noticed there is now a CPU core hitting 100 percent usage all the time (not always the same core). I am running Arch with a radeon R9 270x, latest wine-gaming-nine from AUR.

Comment

There's more patches on the mailing list.

Comment

I can confirm the performance fix improves Skyrim's minimum FPS quite significantly:

Mesa-git

iXit/Mesa-3D/master

However the game freezes after playing for a while (it's not a hardlock, the sound keeps playing and I can Alt-Tab and kill the process). I should test further to confirm if this only happens with the latest code.

Comment

Originally posted by diego View Post
                  However the game freezes after playing for a while (it's not a hardlock, the sound keeps playing and I can Alt-Tab and kill the process). I should test further to confirm if this only happens with the latest code.
                  Does it print "err:gdi:GDI_CheckNotLock BUG: holding GDI lock"?
                  I believe this happens only with thread_submit=true, but I am not completely sure. It's very random when it happens, sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after more than an hour. I've got not m...

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
                    Does it print "err:gdi:GDI_CheckNotLock BUG: holding GDI lock"?
                    https://github.com/iXit/Mesa-3D/issues/102
                    No, I am not getting that message, this is the last output:
                    Code:
                    ​
                    Native Direct3D 9 is active.
                    For more information visit https://wiki.ixit.cz/d3d9
                    fixme:d3dadapter:DRI3PresentGroup_GetMultiheadCount (0x167aa8), stub!
                    fixme:d3dadapter:DRI3PresentGroup_GetMultiheadCount (0x167aa8), stub!
                    fixme:d3dadapter:D3DPERF_SetOptions (0x1) : stub
                    fixme:thread:SetThreadIdealProcessor (0x228): stub
                    Edit: So far I haven't managed to trigger it with mainstream Mesa. I'll keep trying.

Update: For some reason it stopped freezing after the 4th time or so, and after a reboot there is no longer a core hitting 100 percent. So everything's back to normal for now.
                    Last edited by diego; 09 February 2016, 01:58 PM.

Comment

I get a lot of these freezes too, and I assumed it was some wine issues (I switched to arch wine-gaming-nine).
                      For me it typically appears at the moment the game does a quick save, thought not always. No idea what it is.

For the 100% core cpu usage, perhaps you got something running in the background ? I don't have that.

Comment

Working...
                      X