Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mesmerizing Mesa Milestones Of 2015

Phoronix: The Mesmerizing Mesa Milestones Of 2015

This year Mesa made a heck of a lot of progress on advancing open-source 3D driver support for Linux and other operating systems. While Mesa isn't yet caught up with OpenGL 4.5, over the past twelve months there was a heck of a lot of progress made on OpenGL 4 support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A question not related with this thread, but with Phoronix: why am I receiving a note about having Adblock Plus active, if I'm paying the anual fee to Phoronix to use it without ads?

Comment

Originally posted by rastersoft View Post
      A question not related with this thread, but with Phoronix: why am I receiving a note about having Adblock Plus active, if I'm paying the anual fee to Phoronix to use it without ads?
      If you are Phoronix Premium, it shouldn't show that ABP message. Are you seeing it? When you logged into the forums, did you click 'remember me'?
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

If you are Phoronix Premium, it shouldn't show that ABP message. Are you seeing it? When you logged into the forums, did you click 'remember me'?
        Yes, I clicked "remember me", but still see the message.

Comment

Yes, I clicked "remember me", but still see the message.
          When you go to the page do you see 'Phoronix Premium' (just added it to easily ensure premium usage) at the top? Just trying to make sure you're logged in correctly as I just double checked and that message is not supposed to show for premium members.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

Good stuff.
            Now if only they could become fast in terms of frame-rate performance.

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
              Good stuff.
              Now if only they could become fast in terms of frame-rate performance.
              I'm not sure that's going to really happen.. maybe a mesa dev should pop up to better explain this situation and if they think there are some goals on the mid term.

Comment

When you go to the page do you see 'Phoronix Premium' (just added it to easily ensure premium usage) at the top? Just trying to make sure you're logged in correctly as I just double checked and that message is not supposed to show for premium members.
                I guess this is the current solution to the wish from subscribers to be able to easily see if they are logged in from articles?
                Personally I would prefer the “Premium” link to be highlighted in yellow when logged in as Premium or something, because that may be less distracting and would definitely take less space on the page.
                Last edited by CrystalGamma; 27 December 2015, 04:46 PM. Reason: clarify

Comment

No, I don't see it. But I did the payment at october, 30... (checked again five minutes ago).

Comment

No, I don't see it. But I did the payment at october, 30... (checked again five minutes ago).
                    If you try again is it good now?
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                    X