Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 11.1 RC2 Brings Dozens Of Fixes

Phoronix: Mesa 11.1 RC2 Brings Dozens Of Fixes

It's coming a few days late, but Mesa 11.1 Release Candidate 2 was officially released today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Speaking of fixes, does anyone have problems with Portal 2 and Counter Strike GO with the radeonsi driver, from Mesa 11.0 to 11.2? Both games are crashing on me. Other Valve games play just fine.

Comment

With mesa 11.1 kwin's EGL backend doesn't work anymore on radeonsi...
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Does anyone know why http://mesa3d.org/ still presents Mesa 11.0.4 as the newest version? I have 11.0.6 installed since more than a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jf33 View Post
          Does anyone know why http://mesa3d.org/ still presents Mesa 11.0.4 as the newest version? I have 11.0.6 installed since more than a week ago.
          I asked myself the same question. Maybe the admins are on holiday?

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
            With mesa 11.1 kwin's EGL backend doesn't work anymore on radeonsi...
            Is this bug going into the final release?

Comment

Btw does anyone know how well CS:GO works with Catalyst (or whatever the driver is) on Radeon HD 6670? I'm running it on r600g and I struggle to get 60 fps (usually something like 40-60, I think). I've set it to lowest settings and resolution to 1280x720 instead of my display's 1920x1080 that I'd like to use. It also seems like it doesn't scale very well because don't get much increase on framerate when I lower resolution or other settings. My CPU is Core 2 Duo E8500 which ought to be fast enough. If there is a way to see what is slowing it down, I'd like to try. Something like inspecting the OpenGL calls of the game or so.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post

Is this bug going into the final release?
                A few days ago git master still suffered from this bug.
                ## VGA ##
                AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                  Speaking of fixes, does anyone have problems with Portal 2 and Counter Strike GO with the radeonsi driver, from Mesa 11.0 to 11.2? Both games are crashing on me. Other Valve games play just fine.
                  I don't know of CS:GO, but Portal 2 surely includes outdated stdc++ libs in its bin folders. You need to delete them on any modern distro to get it to run. (Same as cleaning up the Runtime to get Steam to run properly.)

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

I don't know of CS:GO, but Portal 2 surely includes outdated stdc++ libs in its bin folders. You need to delete them on any modern distro to get it to run. (Same as cleaning up the Runtime to get Steam to run properly.)
                    You are right, in the case of Portal 2, renaming ~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Portal 2/bin/libstdc++.so.6 permitted the game to run just fine, thank you very much.

But in CS:GO there is no libstdc++.so.6, the game actually run, but when I load a map, it crashes. It do not crash in the Ubuntu 15.10 standard drivers (Mesa 11.0), just when I update to the Padoka PPA, it start to crash when loading a map.

Comment

Working...
                    X