Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paulo.miguel.dias PPA edition (llvm 3.8 and mesa 4.x) ready

Hello/2 all...

I'm happy to report that i successfully overcome the llvm 3.7/3.8 compilation bugs that were plaguing the ubuntu PPA builds.

You can now enjoy full LLVM 3.8.x goodness together with mesa 4.x for radeon and once its ready, intel.

go get it at https://launchpad.net/~paulo-miguel-...e/ubuntu/mesa/ (wily for now)

I use this ppa myself, so i plan on keeping it updated as often as possible (at least once a week).

any questions and/or suggestions, feel free to add them below.

enjoy

Paulo Dias

edit: added beignet

i added beignet 1.2.x git to the repo, right now is compiled against llvm 3.7.x , i'll push it to 3.8.x as soon as the code compiles with it.
    Last edited by groo_pcd; 01-11-2016, 12:26 PM.

Hey Paulo, thank you for your hard work! I'm just reporting in that my R9 390 still sadly only displays OpenGL 3.0 after installing this PPA in Ubuntu 15.10. I don't mean to bother you, but are only older cards before 300 series supported for 4.x support?

Or is it just my card in particular that isn't currently supported by RadeonSI? Regardless, keep up the good work! Hopefully I'll be able to use your ppa soon

Comment

Many thanks, Paulo! Great to see your ppa back!
      On wily now, only 1 hiccup - had to remove Clamav (pulled out because libclamav6 has a dependency on libllvm3.5v5 that needs bumped)

OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD PITCAIRN (DRM 2.43.0, LLVM 3.8.0)
      OpenGL core profile version string: 4.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 11.1.0-devel
      OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.10
      OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 11.1.0-devel
      OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
      OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.0 Mesa 11.1.0-devel
      OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.00

A thing of beauty! Of course now, i'm going to be eagerly checking everyday to see when you've built the latest from git master ^_^

Comment

Thank you so much, Paulo!! I had been using mesa 11 with llvm 3.7 from April! So now it's time to upgrade to wily and to update mesa. I'm curious to see how much the performance of my Radeon HD 7870 has improved.

Comment

Originally posted by sabun View Post
          Hey Paulo, thank you for your hard work! I'm just reporting in that my R9 390 still sadly only displays OpenGL 3.0 after installing this PPA in Ubuntu 15.10. I don't mean to bother you, but are only older cards before 300 series supported for 4.x support?

Or is it just my card in particular that isn't currently supported by RadeonSI? Regardless, keep up the good work! Hopefully I'll be able to use your ppa soon
          Hey there, do you use PRIME (intel/radeon combo) or single card?

could you post here the result of DRI_PRIME=1 glxinfo and/or glxinfo? also could you post xorg.log? if im not mistaken R9 390 uses the new amdgpu driver which isnt ready yet. someone else might know more about this card.

Comment

First of all, tank you for your effort.

I had it installed now, working fine with a R9 290. Games tested so far:

- Euro Truck Simulator 2 seems no gains in performance with OpenGL4.1;

- Left 4 Dead 2 looks like got some gains in minimum FPS;

- Shadows of Mordor still not working, but is okay because it needs OpenGL4.3;

- Metro 2033 Redux is working fine. Using max quality, 2xMSAA, 16xAF, VSync, 1080p resolution, in a R9 290 and a FX-8350 CPU, got around 35 FPS in the first 10min of gameplay, with spikes between 25 and 40 fps.

- Later tonight will test with Bioshock Infinity and other heavy games too see how things are.

Comment

Originally posted by groo_pcd View Post

Hey there, do you use PRIME (intel/radeon combo) or single card?

could you post here the result of DRI_PRIME=1 glxinfo and/or glxinfo? also could you post xorg.log? if im not mistaken R9 390 uses the new amdgpu driver which isnt ready yet. someone else might know more about this card.
              It turns out I do have OpenGL 4.1 thanks to this PPA!

As jf33 explained to me, I needed glxinfo | grep core to get the correct information. Using glxinfo | grep "OpenGL" wasn't giving me the information I was seeking.

I'm really grateful, thank you for this PPA I appreciate it

Comment

I'm still on openGL 3.0

Code:
                [email protected]:~$ glxinfo | grep OpenGL
                OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
                OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TONGA (DRM 3.0.0, LLVM 3.8.0)

Comment

-B
                  Originally posted by Klassic Six View Post
                  I'm still on openGL 3.0

Code:
                  [email protected]:~$ glxinfo | grep OpenGL
                  OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
                  OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TONGA (DRM 3.0.0, LLVM 3.8.0)
                  do glxinfo |grep core
                  should show what you are looking for.

enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by groo_pcd View Post
                    -B

do glxinfo |grep core
                    should show what you are looking for.

enjoy
                    Nothing!!