Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 10.6.8 Is Focused On Nouveau Fixes

Phoronix: Mesa 10.6.8 Is Focused On Nouveau Fixes

For those that haven't yet moved to Mesa 11.0 and aren't riding on Mesa 11.1-devel Git, Mesa 10.6.8 is now the next best thing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ubuntu 15.10 still didn't have Mesa 11 or LLVM 3.7 32bits. Looks like I will have to install a Arch Linux derivative to get OpenGL 4.1 in a easy way on my system.

Comment

I've been checking the mesa page on archlinux.org daily since 11 hit. I'm anxiously awaiting that OpenGL 4.x goodness. It went into the testing repo yesterday, I'll be jumping on it as soon as it's up, I want to try some newer games on the radeonSI driver.

Comment

I got OpenGL 4.1 goodness running slackware-current.
        I was very pleased to see mesa 11 and LLVM 3.7.0 in slackware current.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
          Ubuntu 15.10 still didn't have Mesa 11 or LLVM 3.7 32bits. Looks like I will have to install a Arch Linux derivative to get OpenGL 4.1 in a easy way on my system.
          use this ppa https://launchpad.net/~canonical-x/+...untu/x-staging
          they are testing mesa 11 in this for ubuntu 15.10

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

use this ppa https://launchpad.net/~canonical-x/+...untu/x-staging
            they are testing mesa 11 in this for ubuntu 15.10

Done it this morning when Michael posted the news in the front page. Is good to finally see 4.1 when you type "glxinfo | grep OpenGL" :-)

Comment

Working...
            X