No announcement yet.

Prolific Open-Source Contributor Implements Another GL 4.5 Extension In Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prolific Open-Source Contributor Implements Another GL 4.5 Extension In Mesa

Phoronix: Prolific Open-Source Contributor Implements Another GL 4.5 Extension In Mesa

Ilia Mirkin, the independent developer known for his contributions to the open-source Nouveau and Freedreno graphics drivers, has implemented another OpenGL 4.5 extension in core Mesa and exposed it for the Intel i965 graphics driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thank you Ilia Mirkin.

Comment

Thanks for the shout-out, Michael. nv50/nvc0/r600g support has also been mailed to the list. radeonsi is beyond my abilities though.

Comment

I am looking at this and thinking, with this snail pace Vulkan will be implemented in AMD drivers in early 2019. First early revision of Vulkan...

Comment

Ok it can be seen as troll bait, but seriously. When 4.5 GL was implemented first?

Comment

Someone please add OpenGL ES 3.2 to the GL3.txt

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
              I am looking at this and thinking, with this snail pace Vulkan will be implemented in AMD drivers in early 2019. First early revision of Vulkan...
              Seriously dimko? Really? I mean reaaaaally man? How many times does this crap have to be refuted before you people shut up?

Intel has an unreleased Vulkan Implementation, AMD is pretty much guaranteed to have Vulkan same day because it's mostly Mantle which they've had a windows driver for, for over a year now. Nouveau is the only driver that looks to be left out in the rain on Vulkan, but given the Tegra interest by Nvidia, they just might get a vulkan implementation,

Ok it can be seen as troll bait, but seriously. When 4.5 GL was implemented first?
              The OSS drivers should be compliant with OpenGL 4.5 sometime next year and whining about not having it yet is just stupid, so stop. Seriously. It is bad enough when Michael does it. Be patient you do not have much longer to wait. Things are going according to what should be expected. Software development isn't magic and nobody can just conjure up a complete implementation, someone has to put in the time and effort to do the work. Sadly as time, money, and energy are finite resources, OSS projects tend to be woefully undermanned, particularly when talking something as arcane as graphics, so you cannot place the same expectation of timelines as much larger staffed dev teams working on the proprietary drivers

Comment

Because some extensions are more useful than others, and can often be used from lower GL profiles

Comment

Thanks very much imirkin for your dedication to Mesa. We all appreciate it!

Comment

Aren't the robustness extensions just checkboxes that say "this hardware has this behavior"? I mean, it's not like you can toggle that extension behavior like in Vulkan.

Comment

Working...
                    X