Gallium Direct3D 9 Improvements Land For Mesa 11.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by haagch View Post
    Everyone praising wine... But it's often very buggy. I tried to play counter strike global offensive with it.

1. an older 1.7.48 build with nine -> works fine.
    2. wine staging 1.7.49 and wine staging 1.7.48 with nine patches with both nine enabled and disabled in winecfg -> csgo crashes on startup with
    Code:
    err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c000001d flags 0 addr 0x7ec08c50
    3. vanilla 1.7.50 with nine patches with both nine enabled and disabled in winecfg -> csgo crashes on startup with
    Code:
    err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0x7ec112e6
    Yes, I tried fresh wine prefixes for everything. Didn't help.

Wine is a hack and will always be one until microsoft releases a full set of open specifications. Until then it's nice when it works, but often it simply doesn't.
    CS:GO works fine if it is original. That never worked is with RevEmu, not even with Linux RevEmu. The error you showing is from the pirated version that never worked before.

Comment

No, it isn't. It is from my original version. As I said, with wine 1.7.48 everything works as it should.

Stuff like
      Code:
      kernel: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at ffff8000332d8ec0
      kernel: IP: [<ffffffffa0019fff>] drm_gem_object_lookup+0x4f/0xb0 [drm]
      Also seems to happen more with nine than with opengl.
      Last edited by haagch; 22 August 2015, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Remdul View Post

blah blah blah

(Apologies for feeding a possible troll)
        I'm a graphic designer and I used Window$ for over 15 years. I switch to Linux because Linux let me to be more productive and give a freedom to create and to share. I hate Window$ and Wine both.

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
          Everyone praising wine... But it's often very buggy. I tried to play counter strike global offensive with it.
          Do you know that CS:GO runs natively on Linux ?

Comment

Yes, but with nine it runs better on HD 7970M, HD 7950 and R7 370 and probably a few more with radeonsi.

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post

Wine and Nine runs my FFXIII perfect without MS_D3D native libs, with only "winetricks xact". Photoshop???...??? !!!GIMP!!!
              The main problem I have with Gimp is anti-aliasing when I cut an image out. But Pinta works perfectly for that. I just wish Gimp had auto anti-aliasing, that's my only issue with Gimp.

Comment

Working...
              X