Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Source AMD/NVIDIA GPU Tests On Linux 4.1 + Mesa 10.7-dev

Phoronix: Open-Source AMD/NVIDIA GPU Tests On Linux 4.1 + Mesa 10.7-dev

As part of the other Linux graphics tests running this week, here are the results of eight different graphics cards -- from both NVIDIA and AMD -- being tested on the latest open-source Linux graphics drivers under a variety of OpenGL Linux games. The software stack making up this round of testing was the Linux 4.1.1 kernel and Mesa 10.7-devel atop Ubuntu 15.04.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

We need charts that compare open source and closed ones side by side

Comment

Originally posted by Scellow View Post
      Those come next week in a later article, I think I mentioned that in this article...
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

well my r9-280 is faster than your 7950 results that is pretty much the same card, so i assume llvm svn is not there yet in oibaf. If you wanna test in the future the latest stack easily as pie just keep an arch harddrive around

just append once at the end of /etc/pacman.conf this lines:

[mesa-git] #include latest llvm and everything else needed
        Server = http://pkgbuild.com/~lcarlier/$repo/$arch

[miffe] #latest mainline kernel rc
        Server = http://arch.miffe.org/$arch/

nd execute this lines to add miffe pgp keys to pacman(only once, this is not ubuntu lol)

pacman-key --recv-keys 313F5ABD
        pacman-key --lsign-key 313F5ABD

then you only need to execute this everytime you wanna the full stack upgraded

pacman -Syu
        systemctl reboot(if you wanna test in cold boots)

yeap, it just that easy

if you wanna steam, just do

pacman -S steam

and execute this to remove ubuntu crap and get awesomeness

find ~/.steam/root/ \( -name "libgcc_s.so*" -o -name "libstdc++.so*" -o -name "libxcb.so*" \) -print -delete

and thats it, just 2 commands forever to get the latest everything forever without ever have to reinstall

Btw, for phoronix test suite

pacman -S phoronix-test-suite

again, yes that easy
        Last edited by jrch2k8; 10 July 2015, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Wow, good job nouveau devs! Definitely making great progress, considering the odds.

Comment

Does the MSI R7 370 gaming 4G work with DPM enabled? My MSI R7 370 Armor 2X doesn't... http://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum...i-armor-2x-2gb

Comment

One thing to compare would be to list the current price of the cards (maybe an amazon referral link) so that we can see how much bang you get for the buck. (Maybe a chart with $/fps?)

Comment

Originally posted by Scellow View Post

I quote this comment Try to be most clear because this comparison is not.

Comment

I also would like to see how power efficiency and heat stacks up. I don't want my PC to be a furnace in the summer where I live! I do enjoy a good fps/watt comparison.

Comment

Minimum framerates dip very low, even on the R9 290. Suggesting that while the Radeon driver is getting pretty good FPS, it still has lousy frame pacing. Maybe that's an optimisation that'll come later.

Comment

Working...
                    X