Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 10.6 Has Been Branched, Mesa 10.7 Now In Development

Phoronix: Mesa 10.6 Has Been Branched, Mesa 10.7 Now In Development

As planned, Mesa 10.6 has been branched and due to lacking OpenGL 4.0 / OpenGL ES 3.1 support, the version will not be bumped to Mesa 11.0. This also now makes Mesa 10.7 officially under development...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Mesa is shaping up for OpenGL 4.0 but the drivers actually implementing this support are still very much in the red and so it seems it will be a long time yet before there's any practical use of GL 4 with the open stack.

Show Mesa progress for the OpenGL implementation into an easy to read HTML page.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
      Mesa is shaping up for OpenGL 4.0 but the drivers actually implementing this support are still very much in the red and so it seems it will be a long time yet before there's any practical use of GL 4 with the open stack.
      well radeonsi tessalation and ARB_texture_view support is almost done in marek's repo, it mostly works from simple tests but i need to update to the latest version. Additionally marek have a repo for egl 1.5 that im still putting togheter(seems i need other patches he mentiones in other thread to get it fully working).

just saying so maybe you can update your site with close to done items.

haven't checked christian repos lately, maybe there are more surprises there waiting merge

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
        The real and most important question is, where is the shader cache? I can still live without OGL4, but a working shader cache for the drivers would be nice!

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post

The real and most important question is, where is the shader cache? I can still live without OGL4, but a working shader cache for the drivers would be nice!
          i know someone was working in this but i don't remember who, i think was for i965 tho

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
            just saying so maybe you can update your site with close to done items.
            The site is actually extracting the information from the file docs/GL3.txt in the mesa repo. So I can't change anything by myself (except by sending a PR to the repo myself, which I doubt would be accepted if I don't bring the code with it )

PS: Hope you like the recent modifications

Comment

Working...
            X