Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 10.6 Being Branched Soon, Official Release Coming Early June

Phoronix: Mesa 10.6 Being Branched Soon, Official Release Coming Early June

The current plan is to branch Mesa 10.6 from Git master on Friday, which would put the official 10.6.0 release in early June...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If you look at http://mesamatrix.net/, it seems very likely that any release supporting OpenGL 4.0 at this point will also support 4.2.

Comment

Originally posted by axfelix View Post
      If you look at http://mesamatrix.net/, it seems very likely that any release supporting OpenGL 4.0 at this point will also support 4.2.
      I agree. Both OGL 4.0 and 4.1 are just around the corner. The weird thing is if both versions happen to be available before the next stable release of mesa, I think that would mean the version would end up skipping 11.x and 12.x, since the whole number in mesa versions tend to be focused on each installment of OGL.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        I agree. Both OGL 4.0 and 4.1 are just around the corner. The weird thing is if both versions happen to be available before the next stable release of mesa, I think that would mean the version would end up skipping 11.x and 12.x, since the whole number in mesa versions tend to be focused on each installment of OGL.
        It didn't the last time this happened.

Comment

Vaguely interesting stats: There are 18 non-finished extensions, of which 9 are "not started". OpenGL 4.3 alone contains 22 extension.

Probably means nothing much

Comment

Keep in mind that there are patches floating around on quite a few of the "not started" extensions and many of the "started" extensions are simply waiting to be reviewed or imported to master. Overall the developers are doing a really impressing and hard job and we all should be grateful.

Comment

Bioshock Infinite is $4 today on Green Man Gaming. I was weighing on if I was likely to be able to play that game on my Intel / radeonsi hardware within the next decade if I bought it. Decided I might as well wait until the DLC was included in a complete edition to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
                Bioshock Infinite is $4 today on Green Man Gaming. I was weighing on if I was likely to be able to play that game on my Intel / radeonsi hardware within the next decade if I bought it. Decided I might as well wait until the DLC was included in a complete edition to buy it.
                No need to hurry. Even if OGL4 support comes in a few months, probably more time will be needed for optimization and stuff like that. Supporting it technically doesn't automatically mean it will produce playable performance in games.

Comment

The 'Login or Signup' frame is empty in Chrome

Comment

Working...
                  X