Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bunch Of Gallium3D D3D9 Fixes Land In Mesa

Phoronix: A Bunch Of Gallium3D D3D9 Fixes Land In Mesa

For users of "Gallium3D Nine", the state tracker providing Direct3D 9 API support within Mesa, there's a number of fixes that were pushed into Git this morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: A Bunch Of Gallium3D D3D9 Fixes Land In Mesa

For users of "Gallium3D Nine", the state tracker providing Direct3D 9 API support within Mesa, there's a number of fixes that were pushed into Git this morning...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ne-April-Fixes
    Very cool. I'll be testing tonight. I'm very happy with Nine in general, and the fact that it's still active makes me even happier.

Comment

Awesome, my r9-280 is trembling in joy to test it tonight

i mean just VCE 1.0 support and i will stop giving a shit for the rest and ill consider this driver perfect for some time(after all only 2 games requires gl4+ so far, so for this year gl3.3 + nine should suffice for my gaming needs) and opencl state is good enough for my current uses(image support would be good cherry in the top tho but not a killer for me)

All my love for FOSS developers

Comment

As far as I know there was a Direct3D 10/11 state tracker around some years ago. Why is there no gallium-ten or gallium-eleven driver?

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wonder how well that would run GTA V on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
          As far as I know there was a Direct3D 10/11 state tracker around some years ago. Why is there no gallium-ten or gallium-eleven driver?

My understanding at that time was Gallium drivers didn't implement all the features DX10 needed. I think TGSI wasn't adequate at that point.

Don't know about the current situation though.

Comment

The main fixes to highlight are:

. The 'red shadow' bug on r600/radeonsi that affects several UE based games like Borderlands 2, etc has a workaround (note that windows driver has a workaround too, but slightly different)
            . Several games that had black textures should be fixed

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post

Would require quite some work to do a new - feature complete - one.
              The one that was removed was not feature complete at all, and was only able to run very limited simple tests.

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
                ill consider this driver perfect for some time(after all only 2 games requires gl4+ so far, so for this year gl3.3 + nine should suffice for my gaming needs)
                I have more of a feeling the driver has been doing very well for a while, but lately has regressed.
                For example I tried playing Counter Strike Global Offensive on my ivy bridge + HD 7970M laptop with prime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVDZowUGlSc
                Yes I suck, but the constant flickering (I don't think all of these are prime synchronization artifacts) and performance drops (even on low settings @ 1366x768) are not helping. If you stick to the end of the video there's a bonus GPU lockup. On the other hand that's llvm 3.7 and mesa git, so perhaps it will get fixed before a next release.

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
                  I have more of a feeling the driver has been doing very well for a while, but lately has regressed.
                  For example I tried playing Counter Strike Global Offensive on my ivy bridge + HD 7970M laptop with prime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVDZowUGlSc
                  Yes I suck, but the constant flickering (I don't think all of these are prime synchronization artifacts) and performance drops (even on low settings @ 1366x768) are not helping. If you stick to the end of the video there's a bonus GPU lockup. On the other hand that's llvm 3.7 and mesa git, so perhaps it will get fixed before a next release.
                  And did you try on gallium nine see the difference (should remove the flickering btw)

Comment

I haven't but I indeed expect it to run better. But what's the point in native applications if the windows version in wine keeps working better?

Comment

Working...
                    X