Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    To see the progress of Mesa and its drivers:
    http://mesamatrix.net/
    It would be nice to see Webgl stats?

Comment

Originally posted by My8th View Post
      It would be nice to see Webgl stats?
      Assuming I understand what you are asking...

WebGL 1.0 is equivalent of OpenGL ES 2.0 (GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility). WebGL 2.0, which has not yet been blessed by the w3c gods, is equivalent to GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility. These are all "well" supported in Mesa.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Phoronix: OpenGL Arrays-of-Arrays Getting Finished Up For Mesa
        What is the difference between:
        - OpenGL Arrays-of-Arrays Getting Finished Up For Mesa
        - OpenGL Arrays-of-Arrays Getting Finished For Mesa
        For some reason I always notice unnecessary words in articles on phoronix.

Disclaimer: English isn't my first, second or even third language, so I definitely expect jokes on my behalf .

Comment

Originally posted by tmpdir View Post
          What is the difference between:
          - OpenGL Arrays-of-Arrays Getting Finished Up For Mesa
          - OpenGL Arrays-of-Arrays Getting Finished For Mesa
          For some reason I always notice unnecessary words in articles on phoronix.

Disclaimer: English isn't my first, second or even third language, so I definitely expect jokes on my behalf .
          Originally posted by https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/finish_up:

1. (transitive or intransitive) To complete the last details of a task.

They were finishing up the dishes.
          Their shift was over, but they were still finishing up.
          it's a bit more to the point than the general "to finish" I guess. The nuances are hard to explain.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            Great nouveau is mesa's community leader, most extensions implemented... that is part of non sense, which made sense .
            Nvidia hw match with OpenGL better then Intel or AMD hardware. Less work on supporting given feature (even lesser still if Intel do Mesa ground work for them!)

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              Phoronix: OpenGL Arrays-of-Arrays Getting Finished Up For Mesa

Timothy Arceri has moved on to working towards finishing up work on the ARB_arrays_of_arrays extension as needed by OpenGL 4.3...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...rays-Of-Arrays
              I'm glad Timothy is almost done with it. I poked him about it only a few days ago:
              Rob
              email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
                Nvidia hw match with OpenGL better then Intel or AMD hardware. Less work on supporting given feature
                And of course you can give us some proof of this bold statement? E.g. by giving example of particular hardware feature/block, etc?

And on side note, from my experience, nouveau seems to be good at rendering. But it is slow. Damn slow. So from practical point of view nouveau is nearly useless thing for anything but rendering 3D-accelerated desktops (e.g. compiz/unity) which do not really require latest GL versions and so on. On anything more complicated than that you'll usualy just get slide show. Sure, it will be rendered correctly, but in case of game it usually means it is unplayable or you have to use horrible rendering quality to improve speed. Intel? Fairly good driver quality overall but suxx in terms of features on older hardware gens and overall, Intel hardware just slow, no matter what, and would choke on anything beyound desktop effects and simplest 3D scenes. So if one cares to run opensource driver and needs to render some more or less complicated scenes, AMD happens to be best bet to my taste. While it not best of the best on the paper, they have fairly good hardware AND unlike nvidia they have much better opensource policy. Radeon driver got really decent power/clocking management, comparable to proprietary driver. It can be comparable to proprietary driver in terms of speed. Even OpenCL computations are starting to work, even if being somewhat incomplete & slow. So it is actually USABLE in many cases where nvidia fans are going to install proprietary driver (facing all inherent disadvantages, ranging from troubles on major system upgrades up to almost nobody of kernel devs willing to deal with your "tainted kernel"). So formal stuff is cool, but realistic approach is better, isn't it? And in fact I'm pleased to admit AMD opensource driver really nice if one is going to use recent MESA+LLVM+Kernel. I can imagine only 2 pitfalls for AMD's open drivers so far: most demanding games which could require GL 4.x and some OpenCL computations could misbehave.

Comment

Working...
                X