X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rexilion
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    That's fully 2d use, so the gallium driver (this topic ) won't directly help any. It's many orders of magnitude more difficult than a 2d driver like unichrome and openchrome, so waiting for it + glamor will be a long wait. Essentially if you have lacking 2d accel, you will want to open a bug for openchrome (or uni* if you use that one), perhaps hire someone to look at it if you care enough.
    We currently use the HP distribution ThinPro. I fully updated it to the latest version.

For all I care, these things are severely overpriced for what they do. I'd rather have those intel NUC's with decent GPU.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
    We use it with ThinPro (Linux!) and xfreerdp (= freerdp?).

I do not believe these cards are 3D capable. We had issue's hooking these up to two screens. Under those circumstances, the redrawing speeds of these start to go downhill.

But that could be the thinpro not (fully?) supporting the 'color card'. Our external IT supplier mentions that these do not have a graphics card, but a simple color card (no idea what it means).
    That's fully 2d use, so the gallium driver (this topic ) won't directly help any. It's many orders of magnitude more difficult than a 2d driver like unichrome and openchrome, so waiting for it + glamor will be a long wait. Essentially if you have lacking 2d accel, you will want to open a bug for openchrome (or uni* if you use that one), perhaps hire someone to look at it if you care enough.

Leave a comment:

• brad0
    replied
    I do not believe these cards are 3D capable.
    The GPUs definitely support 3D. They support up to Direct3D 9. Having a Mesa driver to support OpenGL 3.x and some newer bits from OpenGL 4.x would be great for these systems.

Leave a comment:

• Saverios
    replied
    For what it's worth, the man is a hero in my book.

A few years ago I was serving my tour of duty and all I had available was an old branded laptop (OEM was Clevo Corp, if anyone cares), which had a Chrome9 chipset. An otherwise decent machine with that horrible, horrible graphics card. I installed opensuse at the time and the only driver which could boot was the framebuffer. Man, even scrolling the file list was slow. Windoze was only marginally better.

Then I found OpenChrome, installed it without much of a hassle and lo and behold! 2D acceleration! Decent performance! A usable system! And they helped me out when I had problems installing the driver.

I didn't find any donation link on the site, so I couldn't help out at the time. The site still doesn't have a donation link, although if anyone knows anything, I think a belated donation would work just as well.

Anyway, I would just like to say a big thank you to Mr. Simmons and his collaborators for all their hard work and allowing me to enjoy the time I spent with that machine.

I hope they are successful in their new endeavour.

Leave a comment:

• Rexilion
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    If they're used as thin clients, what do they need 3d for?
    We use it with ThinPro (Linux!) and xfreerdp (= freerdp?).

I do not believe these cards are 3D capable. We had issue's hooking these up to two screens. Under those circumstances, the redrawing speeds of these start to go downhill.

But that could be the thinpro not (fully?) supporting the 'color card'. Our external IT supplier mentions that these do not have a graphics card, but a simple color card (no idea what it means).

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    We have these:

[hp link]
    If they're used as thin clients, what do they need 3d for?

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    Originally posted by belal1 View Post
    does it matter?
    It does to people who own Chrome chips.

Leave a comment:

• Rexilion
    replied
    Originally posted by Nille View Post
    And who one would buy VIA boards?
    We have these:

Leave a comment:

• brad0
    replied
    Originally posted by Nille View Post
    What an irrelevant question. It doesn't matter.

Leave a comment:

• Nille
    replied
    Originally posted by brad0 View Post
    VIA sells boards with Chrome graphics.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X