53 Patches Published For Gallium3D's Direct3D 9 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vitalif View Post
    New Nine doesn't work with radeon drivers, because radeon drivers miss DRI3, and since recently Nine is based on DRI3 and does not work with DRI2 :-(

So until someone implements DRI3 for radeon it's useless... There is a patch from iXit, but I've tried it and it's very buggy. Basically unusable.
    It's not true anymore.

Since Fedora wanted to ship Gallium Nine support, we made patches to have a DRI2 fallback. So it'll work with DRI2 (but there is a small perf hit)

Comment

Didn't Wine devs already comment CSMT will never be included in Wine but instead they'll build some new thing based on it?

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
        Didn't Wine devs already comment CSMT will never be included in Wine but instead they'll build some new thing based on it?
        AFAIK, not new. They just decided to target CSMT and rewrite WINE infrastructure for D3D11 before CSMT makes into master, to save the efforts.

Comment

My nvidia with OpenGL wrapper works faster than your AMD with rather unstable dx9. Not sure if it's sad or funny...

Comment

Originally posted by mannerov View Post
            It's not true anymore.

Since Fedora wanted to ship Gallium Nine support, we made patches to have a DRI2 fallback. So it'll work with DRI2 (but there is a small perf hit)
            Well once the modesetting driver gets page flipping support (which hopefully happens before xserver 1.17 is released) you can (and should) just use it on newer radeon hardware. You get dri3 "for free" and it lacks nothing you get when running the radeon driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
              Why all this insanity with making windows games work on linux? Can't you just maintain a windows partition for games and be done with it?
              Some of us use the PC for more than gaming and dualboot is not an option.
              I run Owncloud, HTPC/SteamBP seat, KDE seat and WinConsole8.1 VM.
              Its hard to find proper HW and setup the whole thing just to run WinConsole VM.
              Just finding KVM switch that works with gaming mouse and keyboard was hard, and the damn thing started to have problems with audio

Comment

Originally posted by drago01 View Post
                Well once the modesetting driver gets page flipping support (which hopefully happens before xserver 1.17 is released) you can (and should) just use it on newer radeon hardware. You get dri3 "for free" and it lacks nothing you get when running the radeon driver.
                ..except native 2d acceleration and support for not tearing. Glamor is not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by vitalif View Post
                  New Nine doesn't work with radeon drivers, because radeon drivers miss DRI3, and since recently Nine is based on DRI3 and does not work with DRI2 :-(

So until someone implements DRI3 for radeon it's useless... There is a patch from iXit, but I've tried it and it's very buggy. Basically unusable.
                  I use a DRI3 patched xf86-video-ati ddx since months without the slightest problem (glamor).
                  ## VGA ##
                  AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                  Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                    ..except native 2d acceleration and support for not tearing. Glamor is not enough.
                    The modesetting driver in the xserver uses the same acceleration (glamor) that the radeon driver uses and will also support pageflipping once those patches land.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                      The modesetting driver in the xserver uses the same acceleration (glamor) that the radeon driver uses and will also support pageflipping once those patches land.
                      He knows, he was simply arguing that glamor sucks so much to not even be considerated "acceleration"
                      ## VGA ##
                      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
                      X