Porting Windows d3d9 games to Linux/nine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porting Windows d3d9 games to Linux/nine

Is there any FOSS game/demo with a d3d9 renderer out there? It would be VERY interesting to port it to Linux+nine to see how a native d3d9 game behaves in Linux (radeonsi) compared to Windows (Catalyst).
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

AFAIK the irrlicht engine has a d3d9 renderer, so: http://www.irrlicht3d.org/wiki/index...htPoweredGames

Comment

I looked at the possibility of porting glxgears to d3d9 and then compiling against Nine but the way Nine is built a lot of the d3d9 stack is part of the Wine patches rather than a standalone library. I don't think you can just compile and link against it as a drop-in replacement for Windows' D3D9 SDK. Perhaps someone could extract all the parts from Wine and make a libd3d9.so or something but it looks like it might be a fair amount of work and I've never done any graphics programming before. I was hoping it'd be an easy start but doesn't appear that way. At very least a native d3d9 benchmark to compare OpenGL and D3D9 against each other without Wine getting in the way would be nice.

Comment

A couple years ago, the source code to the werkkzeug3 engine has been released under 2-clause BSD license, along with the .kkrieger first-person shooter (which is famous for its compact size).

Fabian “ryg” Giesen (@rygorous), one of the coders of the legendary demoscene group farbrausch, has open-sourced on GitHub a repository with some of the group’s work from 2001 to 2011. There is a lot to discover in that repository. Its hundreds of C++, C and assembly files contain the source code of many of the […]

Farbrausch demo tools 2001-2011. Contribute to farbrausch/fr_public development by creating an account on GitHub.

Maybe that would be a good place to start.

Comment

GSdx PCSX2 plugin.

Comment

Working...
          X