No announcement yet.

Mesa 10.4 Officially Released With Direct3D 9 State Tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! Now, let's see AMD release the Mantle spec already so we can maybe start looking at a Mantle state tracker.
    Last edited by xeekei; 14 December 2014, 07:52 PM.

Comment

But is it possible that NO ONE publishes WHERE is the info/files or HOW can WINE be patched MANUALLY to work with Gallium Nine instead of talk about lame....actually...shitty PPAs ?

What's wrong with old fashion way to patch manually and compile yourself ?!?

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
        But is it possible that NO ONE publishes WHERE is the info/files or HOW can WINE be patched MANUALLY to work with Gallium Nine instead of talk about lame....actually...shitty PPAs ?

Comment

There's no reason to get angry, if there's a problem with the PPA let me know. The patched repo is here, as it's clearly listed on the wiki https://github.com/iXit/wine

Comment

Finally! Now waiting on Wine. Be back in 5 years.

Comment

I haven't compiled wine myself so I don't know exactly how long it takes to compile on a relative mainstream (read: nothing with a K or an E in the model number) CPU, but some people don't want to spend hours compiling a given piece of software. Furthermore most people dont want to have to update it themselves-- thats just annoying, also they may not be familiar with patching and compiling even to begin with. They may not have the time or energy to deal with debugging any of the possible, sometimes arcane, error messages make will shootout.

At least with PPA's its precompiled and gets auto-updated as long as you keep running apt-get.
              All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Concerning the native dota 2 performance on linux, we must also take into consideration that, until now, dota2 has never been a native opengl port. It's still using valve's directx to opengl layer which should add some overhead. With the new source2 engine being focused on linux and opengl and the 64bit workshop dota client already using parts of the new engine we can assume that as oon as dota gets updated with source2 support so will the linux client. I don't see any reason for valve not to make this new client a 100% opengl version. In fact they might also consider using opengl in windows, though the fact they currently support directx in the new client suggests otherwise. The workshop tools client is still not available for linux and still in alpha even on windows but we'll probably get a native client as soon as it gets to beta (?).

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
                  I'd be interested in seeing RadeonSI w/ Wine (Gallium Nine patched) *versus* Catalyst 14.12 w/ Wine CSMT.
                  Here it is: http://www.linuxsystems.it/2014/09/w...e-vs-catalyst/

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                  I haven't compiled wine myself so I don't know exactly how long it takes to compile on a relative mainstream (read: nothing with a K or an E in the model number) CPU
                  With a 'K' CPU it takes just a few minutes.
                  ## VGA ##
                  AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                  Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

There is no reason to badmouth other people's projects. Just extract the necessary patches from the PPA's source packages.

It's not that hard and shouldn't be a problem for someone who likes the old fashioned way of doing everything manually.

Comment

EXCELLENT!

direrectX implementation is an important progress towards micro$$oft system independence MAKING playable games directly on linux systems without any porting or api's translators. Other progress is hardware optimization and parallel compute. Many mono-core cpus can manage programs as well as 4 core cpu using SSE instructions.

Comment

Working...
                      X