Mesa 10.4 Officially Released With Direct3D 9 State Tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gutigen View Post
    You can simply take a look at top of the window Dota is rendered inside to see the difference - either "wine-desktop" or "opengl".
    Except that the youtube player puts its "status bar" above it. If you do wait several seconds for it to disappear (while having the mouse pointer in the center of the screen) it is indeed visible looking from 1-2 cm. However, he started to add annotations, which is a welcome change. Thank you, Pontostroy.

Comment

Is there a ppa for stable mesa for ubuntu?

If not, what linux derivatives keep up-to-date with mesa?

Comment

Mesa 10.4 is already in the testing repository in Arch Linux but it may take a little time before it's tested and placed into stable.
        Last edited by Xaero_Vincent; 14 December 2014, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
          My youtube channel with nine vs wine comparison

and fresh dota 2 video (gallium-nine faster than native )
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfTvLJDznh4
          I'd be interested in seeing RadeonSI w/ Wine (Gallium Nine patched) *versus* Catalyst 14.12 w/ Wine CSMT.

Comment

Oo

Shows how shitty port Dota 2 is, gj Valve.
            On NVIDIA the Valve port is as fast as on Windows, so not really their fault. It's just that he had to test gallium-nine, native and wine on AMD hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
              On NVIDIA the Valve port is as fast as on Windows, so not really their fault. It's just that he had to test gallium-nine, native and wine on AMD hardware.
              By all means, make similar video comparing Linux and Windows performance in Dota 2 on Nvidia hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
                and fresh dota 2 video (gallium-nine faster than native )
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfTvLJDznh4
                Faster+artifacts (@2.14 and 3.07) i would like to say, not present in any other render.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                  Faster+artifacts (@2.14 and 3.07) i would like to say, not present in any other render.
                  Yea well, Nine is still pretty fresh, which even adds to the whole issue here.

Comment

Yea well, Nine is still pretty fresh, which even adds to the whole issue here.
                    Yeah, just to me any benchmarking/comparation is useless until at least it have proper render, with not so visible artifacts to most people and those in nine are yeah - visible to anybody
                    Last edited by dungeon; 14 December 2014, 05:48 PM.

Comment

??

Oo

Shows how shitty port Dota 2 is, gj Valve.
                      the shit here is the amd drivers, with a gtx 460 and a 740m i have the same performance in windows 7 x64 and a linux x64 nvidia 346

Comment

Working...
                      X