Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anda_skoa View Post
    That's "trolling for resources".

When you don't want to spend your own resources on something but don't feel like asking for help you publically conjure up a "end of the world" type scenario and wait for someone to be annoyed enough to prove you wrong.
    Am I the only one who read the initial #6 blog post as nothing more than a quick "we're still working hard on it but things aren't looking good right now, we're kind of frustrated, and there's a real chance we'll run out of time, oh well back to work" regular update ?
    Test signature

Comment

When you don't want to spend your own resources on something but don't feel like asking for help you publically conjure up a "end of the world" type scenario and wait for someone to be annoyed enough to prove you wrong.
      Since a very long time the gpu vendors work with the studios and developer. But to get AMD on the line is very difficult, special if you hit a bug.

Comment

That's "trolling for resources".

Problem solved: you get someone else to take care of your problem and you can even spin it into you helping them.

Very unprofessional, but not uncommon.

Cheers,
        _

So if my application in the past required Clutter to run properly, and the AMD driver didnt work, you expect me to change anything about the implementation, but it runs on intel and nvidia just perfect? Game Makers shouldnt have to make driver adjustements, thats the fucking job of the graphic cards vendors. The problem exists FOR the game dev because the driver is UNABLE what other drivers just do fine. So WHOS responsible for this? I wouldnt want to do any special optimization for AMD, too. Look there are now so many games with amd optimizations it makes me sick! At Nvidia and Intel nearly everything JUST works.

Comment

Originally posted by gotwig View Post
          So if my application in the past required Clutter to run properly, and the AMD driver didnt work, you expect me to change anything about the implementation, but it runs on intel and nvidia just perfect?
          You have quoted my comment but you seem to reply to someone else.

Or at least I can't find how that would related to what I've written.

Cheers,
          _

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
            Since a very long time the gpu vendors work with the studios and developer. But to get AMD on the line is very difficult, special if you hit a bug.
            Ah, I see.
            Of course, if the only way to get AMD to care it so publically shame them, then this is the only approach you have left.

From previous articles I had the impression that was different.

Cheers,
            _

Comment

Originally posted by gotwig View Post
              So if my application in the past required Clutter to run properly, and the AMD driver didnt work, you expect me to change anything about the implementation, but it runs on intel and nvidia just perfect? Game Makers shouldnt have to make driver adjustements, thats the fucking job of the graphic cards vendors. The problem exists FOR the game dev because the driver is UNABLE what other drivers just do fine. So WHOS responsible for this? I wouldnt want to do any special optimization for AMD, too. Look there are now so many games with amd optimizations it makes me sick! At Nvidia and Intel nearly everything JUST works.
              at least you should develop for the open standard so what is defined in opengl, not for a nvidia card and implement to the Nvidia version of opengl, as example, than the changes are way higher that it works with other drivers too.

A good example for that problem is Wine, it is coded to not run on standard opengl but nvidia graphic cards were the target, so to get it running on other gpus you need to have luck or some special tweeks.

its like with the browsers look it works with ie, so we dont care about anything else... if other browsers dont work they dont follow the standard but for the standard wie had the w3c is it netscapes problem when all ignore w3c standards?

But originaly I just wanted to say also, that this is a proof that trolling works, Ive seen often that it works, if the people then accept the help and let them turn around. if they want to be right no matter what, it gets contraproductive.

But to get some answers till a certain point initial trolling is often a good thing, and very professional, not political correct but professional.
              Last edited by blackiwid; 06 December 2014, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Ah, I see.
                Of course, if the only way to get AMD to care it so publically shame them, then this is the only approach you have left.

From previous articles I had the impression that was different.
                This applies for both AMD and Intel proprietary teams. You can only get contact to Nvidia or the open teams easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Modu View Post
                  Considering Intel only has open source drivers on Linux platform, imo we can be sure that they are talking about mesa/gallium drivers.
                  Yes and no. Official Intel driver is classic, not Gallium Mesa last I heard

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                    This applies for both AMD and Intel proprietary teams. You can only get contact to Nvidia or the open teams easily.
                    Are you speaking from your personal experience?

Not sure why anyone would want to contact Intel Windows team, but getting in touch with Graham Sellers from AMD/Catalyst shouldn't be that hard I think?

Sometimes it seems enough to simply rant on a blog.

Comment

Yes, personal experience on all fronts except AMD proprietary team, never had to contact them thus far.

Comment

Working...
                      X