Valve's VOGL Is Finally Back To Having New Commits, OS X Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by log0 View Post
    Wow, awesome you can google. But have you actually used aitrace or vogl?
    I've used both. The usability of the UI also plays a part in how good a tool is.

Comment

I know that wasn't directed at me, but I personally have used apitrace. A lot. And it certainly can be very awkward to use. That's not to say I dislike it, because I think it's great. But it isn't perfect, so I see reason for vogl.

Also, I haven't yet used vogl. Haven't been able to get it to build. First time I tried it needed to be done in a chroot, which I quickly decided would be less than productive. Second time I spent 20 minutes getting libraries and working out weird build errors that google seems to have never heard of. Gave up again after an hour.

Anyway, still looking forward to being able to try vogl out.

Comment

Originally posted by log0 View Post
        Wow, awesome you can google. But have you actually used aitrace or vogl?
        Well, considering that I'm not a game developer and I don't have any game-breaking issues... Nope, I have no reason. That being said, there's nothing wrong with having more tools and options.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
          I don't get the quote, apitrace can trim its traces.
          (Now last time I tried that, it didn't really deliver an interesting trace but maybe it was my fault).

Comment

FWIW I have never gotten apitrace's trimming to work.

Comment

I got it to trim, but then the trimmed trace was useless

Comment

Working...
              X