Mesa 10.4 RC1 Is Here, Lands Direct3D 9 State Tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    there is a gallium over gl driver, so it can work on any card with non-gallium opengl driver.
    It's not yet released, and no it won't work for that, it's done for VMs

Comment

Originally posted by marceel View Post
      I'm kind of out of the loop, but is this same as CSMT patch?
      No, this is very different.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        there is a gallium over gl driver, so it can work on any card with non-gallium opengl driver.
        LOL, you suggest to use d3d9 over gallium over opengl to workaround d3d9 over opengl which is already inside of WINE?!

Comment

Originally posted by scorp View Post
          LOL, you suggest to use d3d9 over gallium over opengl to workaround d3d9 over opengl which is already inside of WINE?!
          the confusion is because of nvidia optimus.... you have to use something to swap the buffers between GPUs.... last I tried Primus was the best tool for that its a render bridge that renders on the Intel GPU whatever is being rendered into an offscreen buffer on the Nvidia GPU

So yeah what was being said sort of makes sense..... OpenGL is only being sued to slap a buffer on the screen though so its not exactly what I'd call mind boggling.

The problem however is that for instance primus is OpenGL specific.... at least currently as is designed to redirect GLX calls..

Comment

I updated the ppa to contemplate the new NINE libs, its available here:

Hi, this is the UNSTABLE, built from git padoka ppa. if you are looking for the STABLE padoka PPA, go here: https://launchpad.net/~paulo-miguel-dias/+archive/ubuntu/pkppa/ If you like/use this PPA and think i deserve a cup of coffee, do a Paypal donation: https://www.paypal.me/padoka I don't have the time to support multiple ubuntu versions, so i only provide support for the LTS and the latest. if you need support for older versions, use oibaf repo instead (URL below). oibaf ppa for refer...

it provides daily mesa git, intel git, llvm 3.6 svn, radeon git and now NINE d3d libs.

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by groo_pcd View Post
              I updated the ppa to contemplate the new NINE libs, its available here:

Hi, this is the UNSTABLE, built from git padoka ppa. if you are looking for the STABLE padoka PPA, go here: https://launchpad.net/~paulo-miguel-dias/+archive/ubuntu/pkppa/ If you like/use this PPA and think i deserve a cup of coffee, do a Paypal donation: https://www.paypal.me/padoka I don't have the time to support multiple ubuntu versions, so i only provide support for the LTS and the latest. if you need support for older versions, use oibaf repo instead (URL below). oibaf ppa for refer...

it provides daily mesa git, intel git, llvm 3.6 svn, radeon git and now NINE d3d libs.

Enjoy!
              oibaf's PPA supports nine, he just has to fix one file. I removed mesa from my PPA because of this, so I think it's best to have one central PPA. You need my PPA(or just compile from ixit repo) for xf86-video-ati and xf86-video-intel if you are using an amd/intel card.

Comment

Originally posted by sarnex View Post
                oibaf's PPA supports nine, he just has to fix one file. I removed mesa from my PPA because of this, so I think it's best to have one central PPA. You need my PPA(or just compile from ixit repo) for xf86-video-ati and xf86-video-intel if you are using an amd/intel card.
                My ppa is a fork from oibafs, it has llvm 3.6, and i separated nine into packages (debian style) so you can install mesa with nine (like it was supposed to be).
                it also has fixes for the "_xgeWireToEvent: Unknown extension 148, this should never happen." bug you get with kubuntu 14.10 and intel graphics (newer libXext) and so on.

Yes, its based on oibafs work, but its more cutting edge and only meant for testing/developing purposes.

I try to maintain it stable (since i use it myself), but it can and it will break from time to time.

I didnt get it with that you mean "having a central PPA", thats the opposite of what a PPA is supposed to provide

Have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by groo_pcd View Post
                  My ppa is a fork from oibafs, it has llvm 3.6, and i separated nine into packages (debian style) so you can install mesa with nine (like it was supposed to be).
                  it also has fixes for the "_xgeWireToEvent: Unknown extension 148, this should never happen." bug you get with kubuntu 14.10 and intel graphics (newer libXext) and so on.

Yes, its based on oibafs work, but its more cutting edge and only meant for testing/developing purposes.

I try to maintain it stable (since i use it myself), but it can and it will break from time to time.

I didnt get it with that you mean "having a central PPA", thats the opposite of what a PPA is supposed to provide

Have a nice day.
                  Ah, I see what you mean, cool idea. I just meant that alot of the people wanting to try Nine will be inexperienced or newbie users, so for those people I would reccomend for them to install oibaf, but you are targeting developers or people wanting to test so nevermind.

Thanks,
                  sarnex

Comment

EXCELLENT!

direrectX implementation is an important progress towards micro$$oft system independence MAKING playable games directly on linux systems without any porting or api's translators. Other progress is hardware optimization and parallel compute. Many mono-core cpus can manage programs as well as 4 core cpu using SSE instructions.

Comment

Working...
                    X