Mesa 10.4 RC1 Is Here, Lands Direct3D 9 State Tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Is this "Gallium Nine" (Direct3D state tracker) useful for anything besides Wine?
    Other than with patched wine, it is usefull so that less developers wants to make native versions of their games for Linux.

And it will be expanded of course to support other versions, because madness nevers sleeps

Probably bugzilla will very soon be full of bugs about it and developers will devote their time to support that... because, well - users are there .

Sorry for being sarcastic, just my opinion... because who knows in some years maybe i will install Windows to use OpenGL, nah it is madness

Comment

Only Gallium3D

Originally posted by J?rnS View Post
      Can the D3D9 state tracker work on Optimus systems? I have a Intel HD4000 + Nvidia GT630M. I'm using the Nvidia card really rarely, so I wouldn't care about the fact that I would have no access to the proprietary driver.
      Hi, only Gallium3D drivers are involved. You could use Gallium3D implementaion of Intel Driver and nouvau (which is AFAIK also Gallium3D) for Nvidia, but first of all, they doesn't perform as well as mainline Intel driver and/or Nvidia blob, and second, I'm not sure if bumblebee or s.t. will currently work with named drivers for dynamic GPU switching. However, I don't have Nvidia/Optimus to tell more, I'm trying to avoid it due to some bad experience in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by mannerov View Post
        Right now mesa-git and lib32-mesa-git arch packages don't seem updated (do not have --enable-nine).

We have changed the location where the nine .so is put very recently, we just need write a clean patch to make wine load it (since we changed location, we used quick hack to make it work).

Also let us a few days, to make clear instructions for everyone for installing.
        Thanks
        This is great, to be honest i never patched WINE for use Nine....or even compiled Mesa

Comment

Does anyone have an idea when this will end up in mainstream distributions as default?

Comment

Gosh, I wanted Intel to use Gallium already.
            Yes, helping Gallium they are helping their competitors, but then...they have no competitors in their segment.
            ARMs can't touch them in performance and lithography process.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
              Does anyone have an idea when this will end up in mainstream distributions as default?
              Most likely some time after the support is merged into Wine. They are the upstream for distros

Comment

Probably very soon, every distributions who cares about their users being more happy should adopt it now.

It is cool because it has more down to the metal performance... people like that, so everybody will be happy .

Making people happy is first rule of business .

Comment

same?

I'm kind of out of the loop, but is this same as CSMT patch?

Comment

it's not like it matters for playonlinux

Comment

Originally posted by scorp View Post
                      Hi, only Gallium3D drivers are involved.
                      there is a gallium over gl driver, so it can work on any card with non-gallium opengl driver.

Comment

Working...
                      X