Wine Developers Not Yet Convinced By Direct3D 9 In Mesa's Gallium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    If no one understood what i say there, this means according to that progressing rate there is high probability that Linux native games on steam will exceed number of games for Mac probably this time next year

So yeah there is no doubt to me people are completely wrong about this nine thingy, opensource drivers goes in wrong direction with it
    There will always be dx9 legacy titles which would benefit from native API in Mesa. This is not only about performance, but also compability. For example SWTOR under Wine is a mess, not because of performance which is actually fine, but because some really annoying glitches and bugs which make game crash every few minutes and GalliumNine fixes ALL of them.

GalliumNine for dx9 legacy support is great thing, but dx10/11 should be left alone - let developers care about porting those games

Comment

nine got merged!

Comment

I say if WINE gets forked, we should merge the name Windows and Gallium3D and call it...

GALLOWS

Comment

Hum... If Nvidia users want to use Wine + Mesa D3D9, they'll use "Nouveau" driver to play at D3D9 games, right ?

If they use "Nouveau" driver, they can't play at "Native" games on Linux, so it's useless. They have to choose Nvidia drivers instead of Mesa...

Comment

1.) Not everyone uses nvidia
            2.) Some nvidia cards have memory reclocking enabled and can get good performance out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by berillions View Post
              Hum... If Nvidia users want to use Wine + Mesa D3D9, they'll use "Nouveau" driver to play at D3D9 games, right ?

If they use "Nouveau" driver, they can't play at "Native" games on Linux, so it's useless. They have to choose Nvidia drivers instead of Mesa...
              I think you wanted to say, that it is useless for intel mesa and nvidia blob users.

Comment

Originally posted by berillions View Post

not if vigl is for what I think it is.

Comment

Working...
                X