Direct3D 9 Support Might Land Within Mainline Mesa 3D Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
    d3d9 for legacy applications is nice to hear though...
    There are still many good games out there with only d3d9. Not to speak about "serious" applications. Many of the d3d10/d11 applications have a d3d9 fallback mode. So, I see d3d9 as a major stepping stone for anything that wants to be serious about d3d.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
      Call me paranoid or whatever but i can't imagine Miscrosoft isn't trying to prevent such things (with success)...
      If they'd actually care about that then likely Wine is better target because it's actually depend on their code and implement same things. In same time D3D9 / D3D1X state trackers only implement API which is so far can't be patented.

Also it's an open question if implementation of patented proprietary standard in good or bad for Linux world. As someone who don't really like Microsoft I think it's might be bad thing, but from other point of view it's give an actual advantage to open source drivers which is definitely a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post
        It's just a logical follow-up question: When will we see Mantle?
        There are not even Public Documentations About Mantle. So there is nothing that you can Implement.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
          There are not even Public Documentations About Mantle. So there is nothing that you can Implement.
          There IS documentation around: Wikipedia lists 11, AMD itself lists 9 games and one game engine with MANTLE support. Hexus.net reported in june 17 games with confirmed Mantle support. I don't think that any of these companies was able to do that without docs. It may not be completely public. But there is AMD's clear intent to make it public, so it's probably just a matter of asking?

Comment

There IS documentation around: Wikipedia lists 11, AMD itself lists 9 games and one game engine with MANTLE support. Hexus.net reported in june 17 games with confirmed Mantle support. I don't think that any of these companies was able to do that without docs. It may not be completely public. But there is AMD's clear intent to make it public, so it's probably just a matter of asking?
            The full, necessary documentation on Mantle isn't yet public but is expected to be published this winter.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              The full, necessary documentation on Mantle isn't yet public but is expected to be published this winter.
              Insiderinfo? Thanks anyway!

Comment

Do you try to trolling me? I say PUBLIC! Many ppl has asked about that, but you dont get it if you not a Software Vendor that what to use it in a existing Project. And AMD say many if the day is long. Over one Year we waiting for Documents.

Comment

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
                  Has the mantle documentation been released yet?

There are plenty of glide->opengl wrappers that can run glide games. Since performance is not a problem for old glide games, I don't see why one would develop driver-specific solutions when generic ones exist.
                  Glide? has there been a glide game written in the last 10 years?

Comment

For completness sake: Is anybody out there still interested in glide?
                    I wouldn't mind native support for Glide. Messing with Glide wrappers on Windows is hit or miss (had quite a bad time with Diablo II a few weeks ago); not sure how well such wrappers work on Linux though.

It'd be a nice feature to have.

Comment

Even Intel asked for Mantle documentation and AMD told them to take a long walk off a short pier.

If Intel can't get it yet there's no way Mesa devs are going to get it.

Comment

Working...
                      X