Direct3D 9 Support Stands A Chance Of Being Added To Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Thanks, I installed both your PPA's but I can't tell if it's working. I have both oibaf's and your PPA so I don't know if they're interfering with each other? I ran some tests and I can't see a performance boost. I have UseNative enabled with hexadecimal 1. I ran 3DMark03 without your mesa PPA and got 5300 score. BTW hardware is a Intel I3 2.4Ghz with Radeon HD 6370M. Ran test again with your Mesa PPA and got 5366. The only real noticeable difference was the CPU tests which took a whole minute before they started, and they displayed. Now they display instantly and with fluid frames. Still can't tell if it's working.

Tried Unigine Sanctuary and same thing.

Direct3D UseNative 0 = 15 fps average
    Direct3D UseNative 1 = 15 fps average
    Opengl Linux = 26 fps average
    Oibaf's main PPA doesn't include Nine. He just added a seperate one which should be added on top of his main one, see above. I suspect you don't have mesa with nine.

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
      I add a dedocated Gallium Nine PPA here.
      That did it. Unigine gets 22 fps now. 3Dmark03 just displays black with graphic glitches but that's to be expected. Important thing is it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
        That did it. Unigine gets 22 fps now. 3Dmark03 just displays black with graphic glitches but that's to be expected. Important thing is it works.
        Can you try again with next build (abot 2 hours) and tell what fps do you get? I improved compiler optimization.

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
          Can you try again with next build (abot 2 hours) and tell what fps do you get? I improved compiler optimization.
          Just installed the updates and ran the Unigine test again. Still 22 fps.

Comment

Not a lot of applications work with gallium-nine. Tried to see if Half Life 2 lost coast works, and it crashes after the intro which was just a green box anyway. Seems like it only works with a select few applications at the moment.

Comment

Not sure if You guys seen this, but GalliumNine seems to be improving framerate in WoW by a lot:

Comment

Originally posted by Thermionix View Post
                wine-1.7.24-d3dadapter.patch https://gist.github.com/Thermionix/329dddf2bf84d86e6383

patch generation;
                Code:
                git clone https://github.com/iXit/wine.git
                cd wine
                git checkout d3dadapter9-wip
                git remote add upstream git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git
                git fetch upstream
                git merge --no-edit upstream/master
                git diff upstream/master..d3dadapter9-wip > d3dadapter.patch
                Arch AUR PKGBUILDs;

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wine-d3dadapter-git/
                Hi used your package and installed wine and mesa
                But when I'm checking version I'm getting 1.7.19,for wine ,I previously had playonlinux and wine installed ,removed both using the graphical package manager
                Did I get anything wrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by st33l View Post
                  Hi used your package and installed wine and mesa
                  But when I'm checking version I'm getting 1.7.19,for wine ,I previously had playonlinux and wine installed ,removed both using the graphical package manager
                  Did I get anything wrong ?
                  Did you try to compile Wine yourself? This is what I did and it wouldn't go away unless you did "sudo make uninstall" in the directory where you compile Wine.

You can also try this but you'll lose everything associated with Wine. It won't remove Wine compiled from source.

Code:
                  wineserver -k
                  sudo apt-get remove --purge wine wine1.7 winetricks -y -f
                  rm -rf $HOME/.wine
                  rm -rf $HOME/.winetrickscache
                  rm -f $HOME/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine*
                  rm -rf $HOME/.local/share/applications/wine
                  rm -f $HOME/.local/share/desktop-directories/wine*
                  rm -f $HOME/.local/share/icons/????_*.xpm

Comment

I'm using an arch based distro called manjaro @Dukenukemx
                    I removed all the directories and stuff as per your commands and I compiled wine from the arch sources posted by thermionic ,but it still shows 1.7.19 , when i did I think couple of wine installs were there ( may be I should compiling it again after removing it all !?
                    Hmm BTW how do we know all these are working ,I couldn't find any direct3d folder in registry ,hence I had to add manually and enable it ,
                    I have test only dota with it now and it has improved the frame rate

Comment

@pontostroy has posted new video with Nine vs CSMT vs WineD3D in Bioshock:

Interesting where is lag spikes come from in both CSMT and WineD3D? Is it shader compilation?

Comment

Working...
                      X