Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarnex View Post
    Hi everyone,

For the Ubuntu users of obiaf's PPA who want to use Gallium Nine without recompiling, I created a PPA that is just obiaf's PPA + Gallium Nine. It updates twice a day.

https://launchpad.net/~commendsarnex...tu/galliumnine
    Very good, very good indeed. BTW, link doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
      Yeah I deleted it since gallium nine will be readded to the PPA.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post

Update again, my PPA is back because the person who said Nine was readded lied, same link!

Comment

Update again, my PPA is back because the person who said Nine was readded lied, same link!
          No idea who said that, but I am indeed willing to add it again to my main PPA if nouveau issue got fixed, else I could also set it up in a dedicated PPA.

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
            No idea who said that, but I am indeed willing to add it again to my main PPA if nouveau issue got fixed, else I could also set it up in a dedicated PPA.
            It would be really cool if you could keep a PPA that was just mesa git with Gallium Nine. You have much more experience than me in this department.

Comment

one nouveau issue has been solved few minutes ago ( https://github.com/iXit/Mesa-3D/comm...94cbda6808b778 ) but there will be few another I guess, so for now it will be better for users to have possibility checkout Mesa with and without nine patches.

Comment

Originally posted by okias View Post
                one nouveau issue has been solved few minutes ago ( https://github.com/iXit/Mesa-3D/comm...94cbda6808b778 ) but there will be few another I guess, so for now it will be better for users to have possibility checkout Mesa with and without nine patches.

I think that we need two PPAs, so anyone who use a Radeon can play games fast. And i don't understand all the commotion, we have native D3D and good free drivers with one vendor (AMD), all Linux Gamers just replace your GPU with a Radeon, it's just a little extra cost if you sell your Nvidia GPU to, but very cheap for your freedom.

Comment

OK, I'll setup a dedicated PPA, hopefully tomorrow, if not the following days.

Comment

Thanks, I installed both your PPA's but I can't tell if it's working. I have both oibaf's and your PPA so I don't know if they're interfering with each other? I ran some tests and I can't see a performance boost. I have UseNative enabled with hexadecimal 1. I ran 3DMark03 without your mesa PPA and got 5300 score. BTW hardware is a Intel I3 2.4Ghz with Radeon HD 6370M. Ran test again with your Mesa PPA and got 5366. The only real noticeable difference was the CPU tests which took a whole minute before they started, and they displayed. Now they display instantly and with fluid frames. Still can't tell if it's working.

Tried Unigine Sanctuary and same thing.

Direct3D UseNative 0 = 15 fps average
                    Direct3D UseNative 1 = 15 fps average
                    Opengl Linux = 26 fps average

Comment

OK, I'll setup a dedicated PPA, hopefully tomorrow, if not the following days.
                      I add a dedocated Gallium Nine PPA here.

Comment

Working...
                      X