Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Direct3D 9 Support Stands A Chance Of Being Added To Mesa

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
    Does it work with prime yet?
    I didn't tested latest versions yet, but it's already worked with PRIME not so long ago. E.g I tested several games on it does looks like nine was in use. Just to clarify I talking about R600g.
    Last edited by _SXX_; 22 August 2014, 07:06 AM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by _SXX_ View Post
      I didn't tested latest versions yet, but it's already worked with PRIME not so long ago. E.g I tested several games on it does looks like nine was in use. Just to clarify I talking about R600g.
      Well, I'm testing it with a 7970M.
      lsof says that TESV.exe has the file /usr/lib32/libd3dadapter9.so.0.0.0 open so guess it is using it.
      But I get like 11 FPS. With csmt it is *much* better.

      Comment


      • #33
        It's pretty much exactly what I'm getting with UseNative = 0, but then it does not have the adapter library opened.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
          Well, I'm testing it with a 7970M.
          lsof says that TESV.exe has the file /usr/lib32/libd3dadapter9.so.0.0.0 open so guess it is using it.
          But I get like 11 FPS. With csmt it is *much* better.
          Unfortunately there is no guarantee that nine going to provide better performance for every graphics card or game because it's not some magic pill. Though in long run it's should be a lot less bug prone just because it's not an attempt to translate high-level API, but implementation of low-level API which is a lot more predictable.

          Considering you using high-end GPU I suppose you also using some beefy high-end CPU so you're less affected by Wine overhead.

          Comment


          • #35
            3632qm.

            I think my problem is that it's looking like this:

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
              Well, I'm testing it with a 7970M.
              lsof says that TESV.exe has the file /usr/lib32/libd3dadapter9.so.0.0.0 open so guess it is using it.
              But I get like 11 FPS. With csmt it is *much* better.
              ]
              Well, even d3d9 isn't perfect, there is really big room for optimalization, in fact, now it works mostly about 1.5-4x faster (for example HD 7950) than wined3d.

              We need port from DRI2 code to DRI3 and there is lot of /* XXX TODO FIXME */ comments, where we can get much more performance.

              Also I mostly improve only Mesa-3D part. It would be nice, if someone start improving wine part

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by okias View Post
                We need port from DRI2 code to DRI3
                Wow, sometimes I really do not know what I am doing. I wonder whether I first learn to remember I need to test with LIBGL_DRI3_DISABLE=1 or dri3 support is implemented. May want to add a little warning that it's "falling back" to DRI3 without nine.

                But no, it does not work with my GPU and prime. Games start a little bit, but I never see anything of them, just black window contents. I hear a bit of the intro sounds. The gpu usage continues to be relatively high, but the games seem to just be stuck.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                  I also have Gentoo ebuilds for wine-d3d9 if someone is interested. I will publish them soon on my website.
                  Any news about that?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Do I have to start from a clean wine prefix or disable wine dll overrides to use this? I successfully compiled the patched version of wine and mesa, and created the UseNative=1 DWORD value, but every game I try to run crash as soon as it starts. I'm using LIBGL_DRI3_DISABLE=1. Steam Client works and I can see that it is linking to libd3d9adapter.so.0, but I'm unable to launch any game.

                    I have this issue using booth my integrated HD4200 or my dedicated HD 5650M via DRI_PRIME.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Hi everyone,

                      For the Ubuntu users of obiaf's PPA who want to use Gallium Nine without recompiling, I created a PPA that is just obiaf's PPA + Gallium Nine. It updates twice a day.

                      https://launchpad.net/~commendsarnex...tu/galliumnine

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X