Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Theft Auto Running On Direct3D Natively On Linux Shows Gallium3D Potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried the latest version of Mesa, here is the dump I have tried to run EVE : http://pastebin.com/jDfKtXd3

Note the : si_state.c:2836:si_set_vertex_buffers: Assertion `start_slot + count <= (sizeof(sctx->vertex_buffer)/size

Comment

Originally posted by RavFX View Post
      Tried the latest version of Mesa, here is the dump I have tried to run EVE : http://pastebin.com/jDfKtXd3

Note the : si_state.c:2836:si_set_vertex_buffers: Assertion `start_slot + count <= (sizeof(sctx->vertex_buffer)/size
      What are the values of start_slot and count? The driver only supports 16 vertex buffers at the moment. You can try to increase SI_NUM_VERTEX_BUFFERS in si_state.h.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
        What are the values of start_slot and count? The driver only supports 16 vertex buffers at the moment. You can try to increase SI_NUM_VERTEX_BUFFERS in si_state.h.
        This is definitely a bug in nine. It shouldn't bind vertex buffers to non-existent slots.

Comment

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
          gallium-nine don't work with dri_prime (7790, 6770), radeonsi(hd 7790)
          I tried too. Merged https://github.com/iXit/Mesa-3D into upstream mesa git master and compiled with nine, compiled wine from the pkgbuild (Wine-1.7.23 + d3d9 gallium https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B29...it?usp=sharing), set UseNative to 1 and then tried skyrim from steam. with DRI_PRIME=1.

But I get bad performance as always and these messages:
          Code:
          fixme:d3d:wined3d_check_device_format_conversion wined3d 0x39c46f8, adapter_idx 0, device_type WINED3D_DEVICE_TYPE_HAL, src_format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM, dst_format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM stub!
          Because of wined3d I don't think it's using nine.

Is this known that it doesn't work and is something being done to make it work?

(I'm also using DRI3, so maybe it doesn't work with new glx/dri3 offloading?)

Comment

Bloody pirate!

Only one other person noticed/commented on how he's using a pirated copy of GTA? I find it funny.

Comment

radeon hd 6770 1 gb
              1600x900 all high AF16, distance 50
              gta 4 benchmark
              gallium-nine 25.24
              wined3d 17.35

Comment

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
                radeon hd 6770 1 gb
                1600x900 all high AF16, distance 50
                gta 4 benchmark
                gallium-nine 25.24
                wined3d 17.35

Question: Tell as what will happen if you lower the resolution and settings. I bet that gallium-nine get 60fps wile wine remains to 17fps. And second, are you using GLSL and with what cpu and threaded optimizations?

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
                  Question: Tell as what will happen if you lower the resolution and settings. I bet that gallium-nine get 60fps wile wine remains to 17fps. And second, are you using GLSL and with what cpu and threaded optimizations?
                  i5 3330
                  1024x768 all low

gallium nine glsl on = 50.90
                  gallium nine glsl off = 53.67
                  wined3d glsl on = 33.30
                  wined3d glsl off = error

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
                    (I'm also using DRI3, so maybe it doesn't work with new glx/dri3 offloading?)
                    It uses DRI2 (see d3dadapter.c). Someone would have to rewrite this using DRI3 and Present. I had a quick look at it, but I don't have any clue where to start. First step would probably to implement something like libdri2 (dri2.{c,h}) for DRI3 using xcb and stuff, and then use it in d3dadapter.c.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidAcid View Post
                      It uses DRI2 (see d3dadapter.c). Someone would have to rewrite this using DRI3 and Present. I had a quick look at it, but I don't have any clue where to start. First step would probably to implement something like libdri2 (dri2.{c,h}) for DRI3 using xcb and stuff, and then use it in d3dadapter.c.
                      Thanks.

Alternatively someone could work on making DRI2 offloading under DRI3 work, so you could use LIBGL_DRI3_DISABLE=1 DRI_PRIME=1 glxgears. But I'm not so sure that this would be a good use of someone's time.

Comment

Working...
                      X