Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Theft Auto Running On Direct3D Natively On Linux Shows Gallium3D Potential

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Nille View Post
    Ok, if Nvidia and AMD start to support the d3d9 State Tracker, what do we win with this? Noting, it's a 10 Years old API. Since the Release we have D3D10, D3D10.1, D3D11.0 D3D11.1, D3D11.2 and in the future D3D12.
    we can play the old games then! like the witcher 2 or skyrim with ubersampling or in 4k or whatever super-settings.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
      i tested with out multicore rendering

      HL2 Lost coast with multicore rendering

      wine nine - 194
      wine csmt - 168
      wine wd3d - 98
      native - 164
      huh? I am totally confused.
      Does native mean linux-openGL-native or windows(7/8?)-direct3d-native?
      one of both is indeed missing.
      for GTA it must have been windows-d3d-native, cause there is no linux port - right?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
        huh? I am totally confused.
        Does native mean linux-openGL-native or windows(7/8?)-direct3d-native?
        one of both is indeed missing.
        for GTA it must have been windows-d3d-native, cause there is no linux port - right?
        forget what i?ve said... there were no numbers for gta-native so we are talking all linux.

        Still - now I wonder how the windows fps would be on the same hardware...on same level than wine-nine?

        Comment


        • In case somebody not watch Oibaf topic, he just merged D3D9 to his main PPA:
          Originally posted by oibaf View Post
          Actually gallium-nine merges properly, so I added it to the main PPA.

          Comment


          • It would be nice if someone why knows mesa/wine/opengl/d3d/etc create a crowd-funding campaign for D9/D11 state trackers. (10000-15000$?? for adapting and supporting mesa-git\wine-git patches during a year)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
              10000-15000$??
              Don't you think it's way too much?

              @tarceri did successful crowdfunding campaign for Mesa extensions, but he only collected $2000 and $3000 and I doubt project like D3D9 state tracker might collect 3 times more.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Nille View Post
                Ok, if Nvidia and AMD start to support the d3d9 State Tracker, what do we win with this? Noting, it's a 10 Years old API. Since the Release we have D3D10, D3D10.1, D3D11.0 D3D11.1, D3D11.2 and in the future D3D12.
                Yet still after all those years, most games just work with D3D9 and despite that they look awesome.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by _SXX_ View Post
                  Don't you think it's way too much?

                  @tarceri did successful crowdfunding campaign for Mesa extensions, but he only collected $2000 and $3000 and I doubt project like D3D9 state tracker might collect 3 times more.


                  Well, i think it will.

                  Comment


                  • This stuff is awesome, just tried it yesterday, many games work great

                    Comment


                    • I made livecd with gallium nine

                      http://www.gearsongallium.com/?p=1427

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X