Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Theft Auto Running On Direct3D Natively On Linux Shows Gallium3D Potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
    isn?t farcry cryengine?
    Only original Far Cry made by Crytek and used CryEngine.

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
    does valve know about wine-nine? if it could be pushed in time for steamOS release...
    so did someone already wrote valve an email? otherwise I will.
    Valve don't care about Gallium drivers.

Comment

does valve know about wine-nine? if it could be pushed in time for steamOS release...
      so did someone already wrote valve an email? otherwise I will.
      They don't care, and if we serious ... why should they. The D3D9 State Tracker works only for the FOSS Radeon and Nvidia Driver. The FOSS-Intel, Nvidia and AMD Blobs, the Target drivers, don't support it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nille View Post
        They don't care, and if we serious ... why should they. The D3D9 State Tracker works only for the FOSS Radeon and Nvidia Driver. The FOSS-Intel, Nvidia and AMD Blobs, the Target drivers, don't support it.
        not yet

Comment

not yet
          Ok, if Nvidia and AMD start to support the d3d9 State Tracker, what do we win with this? Noting, it's a 10 Years old API. Since the Release we have D3D10, D3D10.1, D3D11.0 D3D11.1, D3D11.2 and in the future D3D12.

Comment

• HL2 Lost coast

wine nine - 162
            wine csmt - 154
            wine wd3d - 82
            native - 123

Comment

• Why is native so bad?

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
              HL2 Lost coast

wine nine - 162
              wine csmt - 154
              wine wd3d - 82
              native - 123
              Even with ToGL (Direct3D to OpenGL Translator), shouldn't the results on Linux native be way better?
              I thought the Linux Kernel ought to give us a measurable boost over the Windows NT kernel, so I ask again, why these weird results?

Comment

• Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
                Even with ToGL (Direct3D to OpenGL Translator), shouldn't the results on Linux native be way better?
                There is no guarantee that WineD3D or Nine rendering is fully correct while native is more tested. Also Valve isn't passionate about AMD and Nvidia open source drivers so likely results with Nvidia blob on Windows vs Nvidia blob on Linux would be totally different.

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
                I thought the Linux Kernel ought to give us a measurable boost over the Windows NT kernel, so I ask again, why these weird results?
                Even with some improvements HL2 is still game from 2004. It's mean there can't be any any CPU scheduling, memory management or file system bottlenecks which so you won't likely see any advantage of Linux kernel there.

Comment

It has nothing todo with the Kernels from both systems.

Comment

i tested with out multicore rendering

HL2 Lost coast with multicore rendering

wine nine - 194
                    wine csmt - 168
                    wine wd3d - 98
                    native - 164

Comment

• Anyone tested Gallium with the D3D10/11 State Tracker which was rewritten about a year ago?
                      GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

I don't know if it works with the d3dadapter patches made to Wine for Gallium Nine. In the commit message a few years ago, the author mentioned that he actually was able to run stuff with it. Battlefield would be a cool test or Unigine Valley with D3D11 mode.

Comment

Working...
                      X