GLX DRI3 GPU Offloading Lands In Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
    Everything ran smoothly at max setting at over 35fps.
    FPS games need 60 fps minimum and approx. 90 fps average to be smooth.

Comment

Very good progress!
      If the race problem could be solved, that would be swell!
      And make this a solution without any disadvantages!

Comment

Originally posted by tpruzina View Post
        Your definition of 'smoothness' in not compatible with rest of the world (35fps is barely playable for most games and heavily unsufficient for first person games).
        Originally posted by JS987 View Post
        Wow, what rich world full of amazingly powerful computers do YOU guys come from? 35fps IS smooth, and FPS games only need 60+fps if you're playing multiplayer (gotta be twitchy and all that), but if you're playing the storyline 35fps is just fine.
        I WISH I could get 35+fps on any game other than League of Legends at the very lowest graphics settings.

Comment

Originally posted by JS987 View Post
          By what type of measurement? I used fraps for counting frames...can that be considered as accurate?

Well, I had absolutely no lags, stuttering and such and the response to commands was instant. From my point of view BF4 (and that btw, is a "next-gen" first-person shooter) was running great at 35 fps average...and this on very high setting....and on a cheap mobile system...

But what do I know...I'm probably wrong.

Comment

By what type of measurement? I used fraps for counting frames...can that be considered as accurate?

Well, I had absolutely no lags, stuttering and such and the response to commands was instant. From my point of view BF4 (and that btw, is a "next-gen" first-person shooter) was running great at 35 fps average...and this on very high setting....and on a cheap mobile system...

35+fps on max settings on a relatively cheap system like that is pretty awesome. You're not wrong in that regard
            All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Fps means frames per second and ic does what it says it does.
              Main problem with fps is that at 60fps you can render 59 frames in nanoseconds each and that one 'off' frame that takes nearly second to draw will make perception of 1fps total.
              Yeah its not realistic, but in real games you can have smooth 30fps on console and 'laggish' 60 fps on pc.
              For example, in dota2 on my setup i had 70fps, but longest frames could take 1/12th second to draw, while fastests were in ballpark of 1/100s. Hope this example gives a bit of insight into how deceiving fps can be.

Comment

a) There's no logic for GPU offloading needed in the Xserver
                Someone, answer please!

Does it's mean that usage of DRI_PRIME will no longer able to crash my X server?
                Because some games with newer drivers make my X crash when I run games on AMD GPU and same with Nouveau.

Comment

hm

Originally posted by _SXX_ View Post
                  Someone, answer please!

Does it's mean that usage of DRI_PRIME will no longer able to crash my X server?
                  Because some games with newer drivers make my X crash when I run games on AMD GPU and same with Nouveau.
                  x server don't work well with dual graphics and will never do, the devs never give good support

Comment

Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
                    x server don't work well with dual graphics and will never do, the devs never give good support
                    Why do you think so?

I use it at moment with Intel HD4600 (used by X) and AMD HD6950 and it's work well, but Nouveau tend to crash and new graphics stack result in crashes on when AMD GPU used. As far as I understand this news correct then when DRI3 used X shouldn't see the difference between renderng on "default" GPU and one used though PRIME.

Comment

Originally posted by _SXX_ View Post
                      Why do you think so?

I use it at moment with Intel HD4600 (used by X) and AMD HD6950 and it's work well, but Nouveau tend to crash and new graphics stack result in crashes on when AMD GPU used.
                      Is that works for you, intel uses DRI3 but radeon DRI2 . and nouveau being third using by third nvidia card or what .

Just asking to have some "picture" of that experience, i don't like those multi gpu system i even avoid buying them .

Comment

Working...
                      X