No announcement yet.

Mesa Shader Compiler Cache Proposed, Reduces Game Start Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn edit limit... Anyway: I tried the l4d2_testing branch and at least there don't seem to be any crashes. But there are rendering errors all over the place. It looks like these rendering issues begin as soon as the driver uses the cached shaders instead of compiling. Why does it look like that? Well, when I start some 3D application it works fine for the first time and starts with the issues after I restart said application (or after running it for some time). Well, at least it gives a free ad block:

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
      (I can't find any reply from Benjamin after that mail: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ne/060663.html ), so I might really do it when I find the time for.
      In fact it's me
      I already sent a backtrace to Tapani, offlist.

And yes, the first launch works, but not the next launch (when the cache is used).

Comment

Originally posted by whitecat View Post
        In fact it's me
        I already sent a backtrace to Tapani, offlist.

And yes, the first launch works, but not the next launch (when the cache is used).
        Haha, the net is small.
        Well, I also wrote a mail to Tapani (offlist, to his intel.com address), asking if there's anything I could do to help debugging this. So hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Comment

of my development environment intact.

Comment

Any use for this outside of games?

Comment

Working...
            X