Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features You Will Not Find In Mesa 10.2

Phoronix: Features You Will Not Find In Mesa 10.2

Mesa 10.2 will be released very soon and while it does offer a lot of new features within its 1.4 million line code-base, it isn't perfect and lacks some features still being sought after by open-source Linux fans...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

HyperZ is still disabled for radeon, right?
    Remember to enable it by setting the env var:
    Code:
    R600_DEBUG=hyperz

Comment

I wish bug free spilling and shadows working right in any game under hyperz .

Comment

4.0 -> GLSL, tessellation, 64bits, shaders subroutines
        4.1 -> GLSL, 64bit, precission
        4.2 -> GLSL, BPTC, compression
        4.3 -> GLSL, Compute shaders, buffers & storage & images, more GLSL, queries
        4.4 -> GLSL, textures, query

So we may actually see jump from 3.3 to 4.2 in single Mesa release (but as it take time, maybe only Intel will get lucky)

Comment

Isn't tessellation being worked on for GSoC2014? I wonder how that is progressing. I've heard that's the biggest obsticle for OpenGL 4.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Prescience500 View Post
            Isn't tessellation being worked on for GSoC2014? I wonder how that is progressing. I've heard that's the biggest obsticle for OpenGL 4.0.
            Fabian Bieler is working on ARB_tessellation_shader() support

Comment

Catalyst has support for the latest OpenGL versions. While nice in theory, it's no good when it's buggy as hell.

Valve and Dolphin Emu devs made it very clear that Mesa is the more robust implementation.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                Catalyst has support for the latest OpenGL versions. While nice in theory, it's no good when it's buggy as hell.

Valve and Dolphin Emu devs made it very clear that Mesa is the more robust implementation.
                They have made clear that the Nvidia blob is the most robust implementation. Mesa is mostly robust, if you don't care about the word "FPS".

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
                  4.0 -> GLSL, tessellation, 64bits, shaders subroutines
                  4.1 -> GLSL, 64bit, precission
                  4.2 -> GLSL, BPTC, compression
                  4.3 -> GLSL, Compute shaders, buffers & storage & images, more GLSL, queries
                  4.4 -> GLSL, textures, query

So we may actually see jump from 3.3 to 4.2 in single Mesa release (but as it take time, maybe only Intel will get lucky)
                  The goal really should be 4.1 by years end. That is what Apple is at. Developers will still work with the bottom line (for a long while it was 2.1 + extensions due to OSX, any new titles really should be 3.3 + extensions, and in another two years or so 4.1+ extensions will be standard). If Mesa could match Apple, it would a sound time to start focusing on hot path performance improvements. A lot of the effort up to this point has just been getting the massive changes imposed by the 3.x line in order.

The first major Linux distribution going after good out-of-the-box open-source OpenCL support will be Fedora 21.
                  As an Arch user this makes me sad. I've tried alt-repos of Mesa and compiling my own for OpenCL support but ICD's are pure evil. I've looked around the devel mailing lists and forums but could never figure out why Arch Mesa is not shipping OpenCL yet. They just backported the RadeonSI LLVM shader patches with the 10.1.4 branch release series a week or so ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X