Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ue4 cave demo for linux

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by bibaheu View Post
    Check that the rar file has been correctly extracted. Ark didn't do it properly for me, had to use "rar -x" :P

    For me it does not work, I get this log:
    Code:
    LogHAL:Error: appError called: Assertion failed: MaxComputeUniformComponents != -1 [File:Runtime/OpenGLDrv/Public\OpenGL4.h] [Line: 60]
    That assert has been fixed in UE 4.2 and master (it could happen on GL3 NVidia hardware as well), but generally GL4 NVidia hardware and binary drivers are the only setup known to handle everything flawlessly so far.

    Comment


    • #12
      runs pretty bad indeed


      but at least its something! cant wait to see it improved!

      Comment


      • #13
        That's what vogl, apitrace and friends are for

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by xpander View Post
          runs pretty bad indeed


          but at least its something! cant wait to see it improved!
          Hi, thanks for testing!
          Leave me some days and and now that seems people is interested I will try to upload now Elemental demo using 4.2beta or final so perhaps Mesa drivers will start working with some help from Mesa guys..
          I also have plans to upload either Elemental or Cave demos using OGL path on Windows now that 4.2beta supports incidentally as it's the way of supporting XP!
          Would like that someone tries to run that on Intel GPU on Windows OpenGL driver to see how robust is this driver..

          I also have already Elemental demo compiled for MACOS if anyone is interested just say on the f?rums and will upload somewhere..

          Comment


          • #15
            Thanks!

            Thank you Oscar for posting this.
            I have got the cave demo running pretty well with a nvidia 770.
            Would you be so nice as to post a link for the shootergame? I have not been able to find a linux build.
            Thanks again.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by oscar View Post
              Hi, thanks for testing!
              Leave me some days and and now that seems people is interested I will try to upload now Elemental demo using 4.2beta or final so perhaps Mesa drivers will start working with some help from Mesa guys..
              I also have plans to upload either Elemental or Cave demos using OGL path on Windows now that 4.2beta supports incidentally as it's the way of supporting XP!
              Would like that someone tries to run that on Intel GPU on Windows OpenGL driver to see how robust is this driver..

              I also have already Elemental demo compiled for MACOS if anyone is interested just say on the f?rums and will upload somewhere..
              Wow, that is going to be a very good data set for comparison purposes!

              Could I ask you to include Shipping versions of the binaries and update README so people run them by default? Development ones (that get packaged by default) have assert()s and other checks in them, which slow things down. That is useful however as people get failed assertions and not just crashes, but for benchmarking purposes it's better to provide as fast binaries as we can get.
              Last edited by RCL_; 23 May 2014, 02:15 PM.

              Comment


              • #17
                Just ran it on my GTX 780 ti, very impressive. Runs at about 25FPS at 2560x1440 and looks superb, pretty sure AA is running high because it's smooth as hell. Couple flickers in the light rays from the top of the cave, maybe a driver update will fix that? Only happens once every 10 seconds or so.

                Any chance you could compile the other demos as well? I've run them on Windows and would love to compare them.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by Vash63 View Post
                  Just ran it on my GTX 780 ti, very impressive. Runs at about 25FPS at 2560x1440 and looks superb, pretty sure AA is running high because it's smooth as hell. Couple flickers in the light rays from the top of the cave, maybe a driver update will fix that? Only happens once every 10 seconds or so.

                  Any chance you could compile the other demos as well? I've run them on Windows and would love to compare them.
                  I get 40-44 FPS on 2560x1440 on my GTX 580 (which is half as fast as a 780 Ti) on Windows, where the demo looks a lot better. It's way to bright on Linux and the lights have to much flare effect. How did you benchmark on Linux, I tried voglperfrun64 but can't figure out how to get it to work. Running start game effects -opengl4 doesn't produce a voglperf trace in my /tmp folder. LD_PRELOADING also didn't help and no overlay, when using mumble.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Running Arch with NVIDIA, spotted no artifacts under GL4, but --fullscreen fails under Mutter, output is borked, and under Enlightenment it didnt draw window at all, but in windowed mode its okayish.
                    Originally posted by narciso View Post
                    Doesn't run for me, running with -pak I get the message "Using binned." and that's it.

                    Running Ubuntu 14.04 64bit with AMD R9 290x + Catalyst 14.4
                    It fails when non latin characters are in pwd, found that hard way.

                    Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                    I get 40-44 FPS on 2560x1440 on my GTX 580 (which is half as fast as a 780 Ti) on Windows, where the demo looks a lot better. It's way to bright on Linux and the lights have to much flare effect. How did you benchmark on Linux, I tried voglperfrun64 but can't figure out how to get it to work. Running start game effects -opengl4 doesn't produce a voglperf trace in my /tmp folder. LD_PRELOADING also didn't help and no overlay, when using mumble.
                    It wasn:t overbright for me, at least I think so, gamma issues?

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by magika View Post
                      It wasn:t overbright for me, at least I think so, gamma issues?
                      Have you run the Windows version?

                      The first 5 screenshots are from Windows the rest is Linux with OpenGL 4 backend and the lighting is much worse. It's not just darker like it would be with a gamma setting but look at the flame for example.

                      Windows:
                      http://imgur.com/dZSH6x3,LSJNxyu,mjB...XTy3,TsI0nE7#0

                      Linux:
                      http://imgur.com/dZSH6x3,LSJNxyu,mjB...XTy3,TsI0nE7#6

                      Or when looking towards the exit where you get to the bridges

                      Windows:
                      http://imgur.com/dZSH6x3,LSJNxyu,mjB...XTy3,TsI0nE7#1

                      Linux:
                      http://imgur.com/dZSH6x3,LSJNxyu,mjB...XTy3,TsI0nE7#5

                      Or this scene. Notice how on Windows the light just shines through the crack creating some kind of godray and on Linux you get blinded by it with a flare effect.

                      Windows:
                      http://imgur.com/dZSH6x3,LSJNxyu,mjB...XTy3,TsI0nE7#4

                      Linux:
                      http://imgur.com/dZSH6x3,LSJNxyu,mjB...XTy3,TsI0nE7#8
                      Last edited by blackout23; 28 May 2014, 10:38 AM.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X