The Most Amazing OpenGL Tech Demo In 64kb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
    +1 I don't understand this either, if you're going to release a full version of a program free of charge why not also give us the sourcecode and let us help you?
    well, unless you're interested in competition you wouldn't want to help with it as it is more or less hardly usable since there is no other way than to generate everything procedurally and requires way more power than it would in normal conditions games are made. just be careful and watch geometry, more or less everything is symmetric or you can notice how math was in the works for everything from generating textures to models

striving for 64kb with graphics like that is damn crazy impressive feat where you can almost count capable people with fingers. but as i said, mostly not usable in coding where you strive for different effects. still, those waves made my skin shiver by quality only

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      Good demos they made , this renders fine on opensource radeonsi:

demo for Linux / Windows, 1st at NVScene 2014

but somewhere at 4 minute LLVM goes out of registers .
      Seems like very very common with a games too didn't know that... not good .

Comment

As far as closed sauce, farbrausch published a bunch of theirs on github a while back (pretty sure .kkreiger is in there):
        Farbrausch demo tools 2001-2011. Contribute to farbrausch/fr_public development by creating an account on GitHub.

As far as secret sauce, some people still teach & share, for example:

Comment

this renders fine on opensource radeonsi:

but somewhere at 4 minute LLVM goes out of registers .
          Works fine with r600g (no llvm). So there are definitely optimizations left to do for the llvm compiler

Comment

The demo starts for me in wine, but after the loading screen I just get a blue screen with a black box and some cool music.

radeonsi on HD 7770.

Comment

Good demos they made , this renders fine on opensource radeonsi:

but somewhere at 4 minute LLVM goes out of registers . The same with old directx popular demo runned in wine

"the.popular.demo" by Farbrausch, winner of the Breakpoint 2003 demo competitionVisuals by Fiver2, music by Wayfinder, done using werkkzeug1more: http://poue...

Renders fine, but somewhere in the middle of rendering demo LLVM broke . So it is common with rendering these demos LLVM just goes out of registers .
              This one is amazing. Works well on my GTX 580.

BTW On Windows the 64kB Demo needs the NVIDIA 335 driver, since with 337 the demo will fail to load. Maybe it also needs NVIDIA <337 on Linux to run it on Wine, since I get a crash when starting it in Wine using 337.12.

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
                Works fine with r600g (no llvm). So there are definitely optimizations left to do for the llvm compiler
                Seems to me that Intel guys are right not to touch that thing called llvm .

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                This one is amazing. Works well on my GTX 580.
                They are . But to render those hardware wise i think they require nothing more then DX8 hardware, popular demo maybe even DX7 .

Comment

At least produkt demo from 2000 does not hang llvm .

But wine has funny message: fixme:d3d:state_wrap (WINED3D_RS_WRAP0) Texture wrapping not yet supported.

Comment

Seems to me that Intel guys are right not to touch that thing called llvm .

They are . But to render those hardware wise i think they require nothing more then DX8 hardware, popular demo maybe even DX7 .
                    Then you must not pay attention to all the Intel Code Submissions on LLVM/Clang.

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
                      full Phong shading, raytraced realtime
                      smooth geometry animation (waves and that bending, fully in shaders and working with the lighting)
                      raytraced "god rays"
                      realistic marble textures, completely generated
                      portals
                      etc etc

you don't find that impressive ?

funny that the people who make this kind of demos also made those "modern games", and they think this is impressive
                      Those waves aren't remotely realistic, nor is the light dispersion fields. Marble texturing is not hard. Actually showing a natural wear and uneven surface detail is hard.

Comment

Working...
                      X