Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 10.1 Will Be Added To Fedora 20

Phoronix: Mesa 10.1 Will Be Added To Fedora 20

Good news for users of the open-source Linux graphics driver users... Mesa 10.1 will be added to Fedora 20 stable...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Standard Operating Procedure

This ought to be the new permanent SOP moving forward. Why should there be any "sacred cows" that are left untouched? We want the new bug fixes/user testing to go into/against Mesa 10.1, not 9.2.

Comment

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing View Post
      This ought to be the new permanent SOP moving forward. Why should there be any "sacred cows" that are left untouched? We want the new bug fixes/user testing to go into/against Mesa 10.1, not 9.2.
      I can feel fairly safe and say that most Fedora users upgrade anyway so why's it matter if the old release is running older software? Fedora support is like a 19months (year and a half + 1 month) if I remember right so its not something you decide to do an "LTS release" off of. And anyone decides to make a product off of Fedora Core then their best shot is to rebase every other version therefore a new version every year. And if you NEED stability and long-term support.... Hello, CentOS.
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
        ? Fedora support is like a 19months (year and a half + 1 month) if I remember right
        Used to be mostly close to 13 months (N+2 +1 month), but Fedora 20 will be probably closer to 20 months.

I do expect there to be some increases with the new product initiatives - I would expect it to go to 18 months for workstation and 36 months for (stable) server.

Comment

Really happy to hear that about mesa. I've been using the mesa10.1 repo on copr, and it's been working great ever since. Performance is so much better on my laptop with a radeon 7340 and I haven't had a single crash. The last piece of software I'd like to see upgraded on fedora 20, is gnome 3.12. I know there's a copr repo, but personally I'd prefer it on the official repos.

Thank you to everyone involved!

Comment

Originally posted by You- View Post
            Used to be mostly close to 13 months (N+2 +1 month), but Fedora 20 will be probably closer to 20 months.

I do expect there to be some increases with the new product initiatives - I would expect it to go to 18 months for workstation and 36 months for (stable) server.
            Thank you for the correction, I was thinking N+3+1. But yeah it is N+2.
            All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
            X