Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallium3D VDPAU Gets Improved Deinterlacing

Phoronix: Gallium3D VDPAU Gets Improved Deinterlacing

Hitting mainline Mesa this morning are improvements to the VDPAU state tracker...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post

Hitting mainline Mesa this morning are improvements to the VDPAU state tracker...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTYwNDI

more fine work

Comment

Nice work Grigori!

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTYwNDI
        Is interlaced content used anywhere but in broadcast?

Comment

This work that will please Gallium3D VDPAU users, mostly of the open-source Radeon driver with UVD acceleration, was done by Grigori Goronzy.
          and users of the nouveau OSS driver. FYI, with NV50 it works really well. Just try it with mplayer, xbmc does something weird and it doesn't work there...

On a mildly related note : would it be at least theoretically possible to support the openmax tracker in nouveau?

Serafean

Comment

Originally posted by Serafean View Post
            and users of the nouveau OSS driver. FYI, with NV50 it works really well. Just try it with mplayer, xbmc does something weird and it doesn't work there...

On a mildly related note : would it be at least theoretically possible to support the openmax tracker in nouveau?
            You might try a newer mesa. xbmc uses NV_vdpau_interop for vdpau/gl interop and that was recently fixed in git for nv drivers. As for openmax, it shouldn't be too hard to add support for nv gpus

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
              Is interlaced content used anywhere but in broadcast?
              I don't know if it's used in BluRay, but I know I have some interlaced DVDs. Since the TV is already required to provide a satisfactory deinterlace, it's a popular first choice whenever professional video providers need to reconcile a large frame with insufficient bandwidth.

Comment

Nice work! AMD APUs will make for a good mythtv/XBMC client now that 480i/1080i channels will look and run well with this support.

Comment

Working...
                X