Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 10.0 Delivers Many Exciting New Features

Phoronix: Mesa 10.0 Delivers Many Exciting New Features

Mesa 10.0 is due to be released today and with it will become many new features that landed in this open-source graphics driver project over the past three months...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What about OpenGL support in r600g ?
    Reading GL3.txt, it looks like r600g supports OpenGL 3.2, GLSL 1.50 and Geometry Sharders but it's not the case in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by whitecat View Post
      What about OpenGL support in r600g ?
      Reading GL3.txt, it looks like r600g supports OpenGL 3.2, GLSL 1.50 and Geometry Sharders but it's not the case in fact.
      I believe that r600g is still missing GLSL 1.50 in order to support OpenGL 3.2.

If you head to a terminal, try:
      MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=150 glxinfo

On my radeonsi (7850) with a 2-week old mesa git checkout (currently bisecting something), I get:
      Code:
      OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
      OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD PITCAIRN
      OpenGL core profile version string: 3.2 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-2be85e2)
      OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 1.50

Comment

Megadrivers seems to be in this release. Did it also break gallium drivers for pre-1.15 X servers, or only classic (Intel)?

Comment

wooooo

I was so excited for the OpenCL changes, but to enable them is not that easy...
          One need to recompile Mesa with the enable flag, ok not too hard.
          BUT, to do that you need latest libcl, ok easy.
          BUT, for that you need latest clang, and for mesa, llvm needs to be in shared mode.

Somehow the combination of all of that is that I have not been able to get there yet...
          Even with all the beautiful pkgbuild in aur... Hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
            I was so excited for the OpenCL changes, but to enable them is not that easy...
            One need to recompile Mesa with the enable flag, ok not too hard.
            BUT, to do that you need latest libcl, ok easy.
            BUT, for that you need latest clang, and for mesa, llvm needs to be in shared mode.

Somehow the combination of all of that is that I have not been able to get there yet...
            Even with all the beautiful pkgbuild in aur... Hmmmm
            I followed the wiki pages and it works.For llvm you have to enable shared mode or it wont work.
            I have built it this way (the disable docs i put there because i had some ocaml related build errors initiall, not sure its needed):
            Code:
            ./configure --enable-experimental-targets=R600 --enable-targets=x86_64 --enable-shared --disable-docs --enable-optimized
            Dont forget to clone clang too in the llvm git's tools folder.

Comment

Thanks, I was trying to reuse existing pkgbuilds, but maybe I should have written mine instead

Comment

Thanks, I was trying to reuse existing pkgbuilds, but maybe I should have written mine instead
                Well I managed to install everything, but a simple test from here http://wiki.tiker.net/OpenCLHowTo crashes...

I will try again with mesa-master, I only got llvm and libclc master with Mesa 10.2.
                Let's see if that makes a difference.

Comment

Well I managed to install everything, but a simple test from here http://wiki.tiker.net/OpenCLHowTo crashes...

I will try again with mesa-master, I only got llvm and libclc master with Mesa 10.2.
                  Let's see if that makes a difference.
                  No difference... :/

(Is there a bloody way to edit that I am missing?)

Comment

Working...
                  X