No announcement yet.

Mesa 10.0 Is Declared: OpenGL 3.2 Comes For Intel Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got it! glamor works now on openSUSE factory on radeonsi!

First I made a zypper dup without pontostroys repositorys, so reverted to mesa 9.2.1.
    Then I unsucessfuly tryed the fglrx 13.11 beta with this bare openSUSE factory (only RC1 supported), I uninstalled it again and deleted every xorg.conf glamor.conf etc.
    Restart.
    Then I just did a zypper dup with pontostroys repos enabled, started the kernel 3.12.rc5 with radeon.dpm=1 and everything worked out of the box. No glamor.conf no xorg.conf no nothing! Not even changing every single package to the version in pontostroys repo - some have a lower version number and I did change them the other times I tried.
    So KDE runs with openGL 2 and steam games like mark of ninja are butter smooth.
    here some loggs how it should look like on opnenSUSE.

Code:
    tomtomme@linux:~> glxinfo | grep Open
    ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment.
    OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TAHITI
    OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-975c6ce)
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
    OpenGL extensions:
    tomtomme@linux:~> cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep glamor
    [    12.484] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
    [    12.486] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
    [    12.491] (II) Module glamoregl: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [    12.510] (II) Loading sub module "glamoregl"
    [    12.510] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
    [    12.510] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
    [    12.510] (II) Module glamoregl: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [    12.510] (II) glamor: OpenGL accelerated X.org driver based.
    [    12.598] (II) glamor: EGL version 1.4 (DRI2):
    [    12.614] (II) RADEON(0): glamor detected, initialising EGL layer.
    [    12.891] (EE) RADEON(0): Failed to set up textured video (glamor)
    tomtomme@linux:~> cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/05-glamor.conf
    Section "Module"
            Load  "dri2"
            Load  "glamoregl"
    EndSection

Comment

more

I checked package versions and saw that it did NOT switch to pontostroys llvm 3.4 but stayed with 3.3. also main MESA package and libgbm1 are still on 9.2.2, while rest is on 10git. I do not know why zypper dup did not switch to mesa 10git - the repo has a higher priority and I could force the switch. However - glamor and 3D accel work now with radeonsi and I do not care about those versions

additional tests made:
      - kde with native backend & openGL crashes - with xrender-backend shows corruption
      - kde works with raster backend without any corruption from x-render to opengl 2.0 (very smooth)
      - Left4Dead is smooth without AA.
      - SeriousSam 3 tries to load but fails despite removing the appcache before as suggested in other forums.
      - br?tal legend shows intro but crashes at load of first level

maybe i?ll test the forced switch to mesa 10 and llvm3.4 tomorrow.
      Last edited by tomtomme; 23 October 2013, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
        glamor works now on openSUSE factory on radeonsi!
        it has since near the end of July

tomtomme@linux:~> cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep glamor
        You'll want to use:
        Code:
        cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep -e glamor -e GLAMOR
        to catch all the glamor related messages ... or visually troll through the entire log file

[ 12.891] (EE) RADEON(0): Failed to set up textured video (glamor)
        As you can see, Xv support has still not been picked up in their builds ... I was hoping that it would have in the latest given: http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...840#post364840 , however, discovered this isn't the case yet when testing the latest build yesterday for myself.

(another confirmation check is "xvinfo")

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_K View Post
          As you can see, Xv support has still not been picked up in their builds ... I was hoping that it would have in the latest given: http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...840#post364840 , however, discovered this isn't the case yet when testing the latest build yesterday for myself.
          I just poked them about this with a(n email) stick. Hopefully a quick resolution is provided

Comment

[ 12.891] (EE) RADEON(0): Failed to set up textured video (glamor)
            Code:
            zypper -r se glamor
            Loading repository data...
            Reading installed packages...

S | Catalog           | Bundle | Name               | Version     | Arch  
            --+-------------------+--------+--------------------+-------------+-------
            i | pont_x11          |        | glamor             | 0.5.99-23.2 | x86_64
            v | openSUSE-12.3-1.7 |        | glamor             | 0.5-3.1.3   | x86_64
            v | pont_x11          |        | glamor             | 0.5.99-23.2 | i586  
            v | openSUSE-12.3-1.7 |        | glamor             | 0.5-3.1.3   | i586  
              | pont_x11          |        | glamor-debuginfo   | 0.5.99-23.2 | x86_64
              | pont_x11          |        | glamor-debuginfo   | 0.5.99-23.2 | i586  
              | pont_x11          |        | glamor-debugsource | 0.5.99-23.2 | x86_64
              | pont_x11          |        | glamor-debugsource | 0.5.99-23.2 | i586                                                                               
              | pont_x11          |        | glamor-devel       | 0.5.99-23.2 | x86_64                                                                             
              | openSUSE-12.3-1.7 |        | glamor-devel       | 0.5-3.1.3   | x86_64                                                                             
              | pont_x11          |        | glamor-devel       | 0.5.99-23.2 | i586                                                                               
              | openSUSE-12.3-1.7 |        | glamor-devel       | 0.5-3.1.3   | i586
            Code:
            xvinfo                                                                                                                                
            X-Video Extension version 2.2                                                                                                                          
            screen #0                                                                                                                                              
              Adaptor #0: "GLAMOR Textured Video"                                                                                                                  
                number of ports: 16
                port base: 63
                operations supported: PutImage 
                supported visuals:
                  depth 24, visualID 0x21
                number of attributes: 5
                  "XV_BRIGHTNESS" (range -1000 to 1000)
                          client settable attribute
                          client gettable attribute (current value is 0)
                  "XV_CONTRAST" (range -1000 to 1000)
                  "XV_SATURATION" (range -1000 to 1000)
                  "XV_HUE" (range -1000 to 1000)
                  "XV_COLORSPACE" (range 0 to 1)
                maximum XvImage size: 8192 x 8192
                Number of image formats: 2
                  id: 0x32315659 (YV12)
                    guid: 59563132-0000-0010-8000-00aa00389b71
                    bits per pixel: 12
                    number of planes: 3
                    type: YUV (planar)
                  id: 0x30323449 (I420)
                    guid: 49343230-0000-0010-8000-00aa00389b71
                    bits per pixel: 12
                    number of planes: 3
                    type: YUV (planar)
            Code:
            OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
            OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD BONAIRE
            OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.0.0-devel
            OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30

Comment

Code:
              OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TAHITI
              OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-975c6ce)
              This is not my mesa (radeonsi_dri.so), cleanup /usr/local/lib(64)/dri or /usr/lib(64)/dri/update

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme
                I checked package versions and saw that it did NOT switch to pontostroys ..
                When I said "their/them" above, I meant w.r.t. openSUSE only.

As Pontostroy demonstrated, his build includes the Xv support ... which further highlights that several of the packages are still selected from the openSUSE repos, and not from Pontostroy's i.e.

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
                This is not my .... *
                (* you just prompted my inner Talking Heads playback: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12...lifetime_music :P )
                Last edited by Tyler_K; 23 October 2013, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
                  This is not my mesa (radeonsi_dri.so), cleanup /usr/local/lib(64)/dri or /usr/lib(64)/dri/update
                  than this must be the one I compiled some weeks ago. I thought package-management would overwrite everything correctly... it explains all my fails on the way to working glamor.

Should I just rm *mesa* from those dirs and then re-install? Or also other files?

it also explains why package-management believes it is on 9.2.2 while glxinfo says its on 10git
                  Last edited by tomtomme; 23 October 2013, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_K View Post
                    it has since near the end of July

You'll want to use:
                    Code:
                    cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep -e glamor -e GLAMOR
                    to catch all the glamor related messages ... or visually troll through the entire log file

(another confirmation check is "xvinfo")
                    thx for all the hints

Comment

than this must be the one I compiled some weeks ago. I thought package-management would overwrite everything correctly... it explains all my fails on the way to working glamor.

Should I just rm *mesa* from those dirs and then re-install? Or also other files?

it also explains why package-management believes it is on 9.2.2 while glxinfo says its on 10git
                      sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib*
                      sudo ldconfig

Comment

Working...
                      X