Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 9.2 Release Candidate 1 Now Surfaces

Phoronix: Mesa 9.2 Release Candidate 1 Now Surfaces

With hopes of releasing Mesa 9.2 in the coming days, Ian Romanick of Intel put out the first release candidate of this next major Mesa graphics library update. The release candidates should have begun weeks ago, but after forgetting about them, they only just began with the final release expected this week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

All I can say is that 9.2 from the xorg-edgers PPA has been rock solid on my Haswell desktop for the last month or two. Hope they can release it soon!

Comment

OpenGL

Can we finally have OpenGL 3.2 and 3.3 support?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        There is still geometry shader and GLSL 1.50 work going on (nearly daily mails to both the piglit lists and the mesa-dev lists). Once those features are done, OpenGL 3.2 will probably be available on at least some chipsets.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          We've pushed that back to the next release, which will be in November.

Comment

Originally posted by mattst88 View Post
            We've pushed that back to the next release, which will be in November.
            Ooh, Mesa 11 in November? Sounds awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              Ooh, Mesa 11 in November? Sounds awesome.
              It will be 10.0. Still TBD if it will only be Intel with 3.3 support or if somebody will get it working on r600g.

Comment

finaly ^^

ok the bigger thing would be to have a build of xbmc 13 (devel) for fedora ^^.

That would help me even more but it will happen eventually ^^.

but at least now I can watch videos on my laptop without 1000% cpu usage.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                  It will be 10.0. Still TBD if it will only be Intel with 3.3 support or if somebody will get it working on r600g.
                  Hmm? Even if it's only intel for now, that's still OpenGL 3.3, and still warrants a Mesa 11.

Comment

I'm getting horrible results with 9.2.0rc1-1 in arch.
                    Perhaps someone could be of assistance.

After mesa 9.2.0rc1 made its way into [testing], I gave it a go by updating all needed packages for both x64 and x86 (via multilib, for wine).
                    First attempt worked like a charm - played a video for a few seconds in mpv using UVD (hwdec=vdpau, vo=vdpau) without any problem.
                    Since then, everything went downhill - mpv can't play anymore, it will just lock (and take the whole system with it) once it's done with the initialization phase (filter selection etc.).
                    Moreover, wine will also cause the same behavior when the video card is put under a bit of stress (gaming) - lock within a minute or so of launch.
                    Is there any way of "resetting" mesa, to rule out any 9.1.x-9.2 configuration errors?
                    On a side note, 9.1.6 worked just fine (no UVD, obviously) with Wine.
                    Thanks, Adam.

I have a Mobility Radeon 4570HD.
                    Code:
                    [adamdagan@admdgn ~]$ glxinfo | grep ^OpenGL | egrep 'version|renderer'
                    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV710
                    OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 9.2.0-rc1
                    OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 1.40
                    OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 9.2.0-rc1
                    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30

Comment

Working...
                    X