Crowd-Funding Mesa Driver Development?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
    With a credit card you can pay without a stupid TAN. There are actually banks that send you a list of TANs on a sheet of paper! And I wonder: Why is it that I can give my account number to someone and that someone can just debit money from me without interaction from me and when I want to send money with debit transfer I need that stupid TAN?
    Are you actually serious? Am I being trolled here?

Two-factor auth on paper is pretty damn secure. None of that "someone can charge me just by knowing my CC number" shit.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
      With a credit card you can pay without a stupid TAN. There are actually banks that send you a list of TANs on a sheet of paper! And I wonder: Why is it that I can give my account number to someone and that someone can just debit money from me without interaction from me and when I want to send money with debit transfer I need that stupid TAN?
      Ya, but I only ever need the TAN when sending money to someone specific. Almost all purchases I do on the net I do per debit (PayPal included).

Comment

I'm in for 25$. Mesa is definitely a project that needs more developpers.

Comment

How does $ = time?

Hi tarceri,

What I'm wondering is how this money gives you more time to work on it. As another developer with a young family, I know I have more than enough money, but no time. Are you using the money to take extra time off work? Quitting your job? Appeasing your family that you're making money not just fooling around at a hobby?

Just curious what I would actually be sponsoring.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCycoONE View Post
            What I'm wondering is how this money gives you more time to work on it. As another developer with a young family, I know I have more than enough money, but no time. Are you using the money to take extra time off work? Quitting your job? Appeasing your family that you're making money not just fooling around at a hobby?
            From the project page: "Fund me to take two weeks leave from my job and work full time on implementing the GL_KHR_debug extension."

Comment

Default How does $ = time?
              If his job allows him to take extra unpaid vacation, but his personal life does not allow him to go unpaid, the donation would allow him to work on Mesa instead of his normal job. And possibly he would rather work on Mesa then his normal job.

Comment

Originally posted by archibald View Post
                From the project page: "Fund me to take two weeks leave from my job and work full time on implementing the GL_KHR_debug extension."
                Spiffy, I'll bite.

Edit: I assume you already passed this by your boss or read your contract to know it's an option?

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
                  If his job allows him to take extra unpaid vacation, but his personal life does not allow him to go unpaid, the donation would allow him to work on Mesa instead of his normal job. And possibly he would rather work on Mesa then his normal job.
                  2/2

Spiffy, I'll bite.

Edit: I assume you already passed this by your boss or read your contract to know it's an option?
                  Yes my agreement entitles me to 4 weeks unpaid leave a year.

Comment

By the way if any of you are reddit users you can help by up voting the post about my campaign here: http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/commen...ing_into_mesa/

Comment

2 cents

Man you should simplify things to increase the range of the message, you know?

Something like:
                      Help Linux to receive more games (developers)

Then you should put your approach with all fancy technical details.

It's hard to ppl like me (yeah, I suck at Linux) to get the idea.
                      Plus when we pass forward the campain all kind of ppl will receive the information, but again if the message is not simple enough there will be those who would have interest helping Linux out if could notice that your work had anything to do with bringing Linux more games.

That aside, you're already my Hero man!
                      I wish you sucess.

Comment

Working...
                      X