Crowd-Funding Mesa Driver Development?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
    All this spamming the interwebs to garner trust is taking away valuable time you could be spending on coding and screaming at your kids =D Sent a few more pennies your way!
    haha, yes you read my mind

Comment

Its Khronos membership. It would have little positive effect on OpenGL implementation (since at least one Intel dev do participate in ARB).

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
        Originally posted by peppercats View Post
        What would the funding go towards, exactly?
        Also, I thought AMD, Nvidia, and Intel had paid employees working on Mesa?
        You would be supporting an independent developer work full time on furthering Mesa, more specifically implementing the GL_KHR_debug extension that helps game developers debug and improve there games comparability and performance.

AMD and Intel have paid developers working on Mesa (Nvidia does not), but independent developers help Mesa progress faster and in areas that the AMD/Intel developers aren't focusing. Manny of the the performance improvement on the Radeon driver comes from independent developers.
        In addition to what AJenbo already mentioned the best way to find out what funding is going towards is by looking at my campaign page: http://igg.me/p/475220/x/2053460
        On that page I have tried to answer all the question people have had about the campaign so far.

Comment

Contributed!

Comment

Just contributed 25$

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
              Contributed!
              Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
              Just contributed 25$
              Many thanks to you both.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Crowd-Funding Mesa Driver Development - http://igg.me/p/475220/x/2053460

Comment

I will donate, for certain, and recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by tarceri View Post
                  For those interested in my project but still undecided on whether to support me I have just posted my first campaign update see:

Many have brought up the idea of crowd sourcing open source graphics driver development. This is a small scale experiment to see if it could actually work. | Check out 'Help improve OpenGL support for the Linux Graphics Drivers' on Indiegogo.

Basically what I intend to do sometime over the next week is to release some basic code that I will be fleashed out if funding is successful. The idea behind doing this is that I have been getting alot of feedback from potential contributors who are worried that I wont be able to deliver on what I'm promising. I'm hoping that by releasing this unfinished code it will show that I indeed have the skills to be able to implement this extension.
                  $25 sent to your cause mate!

Comment

Originally posted by MartinN View Post
                    I will donate, for certain, and recruit.
                    Originally posted by MartinN View Post
                    $25 sent to your cause mate!
                    Thanks Martin. If you get it posted on any websites/forums be sure to add a link to it back here so I can keep and eye on it and answer any questions that get brought up.

Comment

I posted it here, but the forum is in danish so don't know how use full the link will be to you, there hasn't been any replies or questions yet though:

Comment

Working...
                      X