Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crowd-Funding Mesa Driver Development?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
    Even if this falls through this time, I hope the negatives are addressed positively and he tries again, maybe with even more publicity so this kind of thing takes off. I personally am quite pissed off with the IT attitude in Australia. 'It's not MS/Apple? Are you nucking futs!?'; They change their opinions bloody quick when I show them 9 concurrent video's playing on compiz and fancy fluff like a rotating cube with their children for a background the rest of us have come to disable.

    Keep it up mate. Nothing's worse than having a boring arse job stuck in a f-ing cubicle =D
    Haha, yeah its pretty disappointing the attitude toward open source here in Australia. Its especially disappointing to see companies such as Microsoft taking over the software development courses in universities here. When I attended I learnt C, C++, and Java using a Unix system, now days they just teach C#.

    Comment


    • #32
      Oh well, for what it's worth, it made me at least give $100 to TheDocumentFoundation.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
        I'd be very reluctant to put money into any project that didn't have specific deliverables at the end, and "two weeks labor by an inexperienced contributor" is just too uncertain for me.
        Actually he is stating that he will deliver the GL_KHR_debug extension even if the two weeks that he estimate isn't enough. You can't really ask for more then that.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by tarceri View Post
          Haha, yeah its pretty disappointing the attitude toward open source here in Australia. Its especially disappointing to see companies such as Microsoft taking over the software development courses in universities here. When I attended I learnt C, C++, and Java using a Unix system, now days they just teach C#.
          There's been some weird pschyobabble in the sales and IT management departments of companies and govvy (why are they never IT techs or engineers?) for the last 15 yars or so that went 'you never get fired using Microsoft'.

          I almost got fired just for bringing up linux in a conversation one day; a colleague overheard me and passed it on to the bos who somehow thought I was installing Linux on client desktops. In a 1300 people office building running Server 2003/XP. At first I took it as a complement based on the fact tjey thoufht I was capable of such a thing, until I realised they were being serious and my job suddenly hung by a thread.

          After that, any time I have a conversation with an IT manager, they go batshit insane when I drop the L-bomb, even though it usually has nothong to do with their workplace. It was all cubicles, too 8-D

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
            There's been some weird pschyobabble in the sales and IT management departments of companies and govvy (why are they never IT techs or engineers?) for the last 15 yars or so that went 'you never get fired using Microsoft'.

            I almost got fired just for bringing up linux in a conversation one day; a colleague overheard me and passed it on to the bos who somehow thought I was installing Linux on client desktops. In a 1300 people office building running Server 2003/XP. At first I took it as a complement based on the fact tjey thoufht I was capable of such a thing, until I realised they were being serious and my job suddenly hung by a thread.

            After that, any time I have a conversation with an IT manager, they go batshit insane when I drop the L-bomb, even though it usually has nothong to do with their workplace. It was all cubicles, too 8-D
            Geesus, that sounds terrifying. What kind of brain washed environment is that??

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
              Geesus, that sounds terrifying. What kind of brain washed environment is that??
              The kind that's not aware of the idea of wrongful dismissal (as we would call it in the UK) or the consequences thereof :-)

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
                Isn't Packard already working fulltime (paid) on the graphics stack? If so, what exactly would a campaign like this accomplish?

                Remember that not only will this money help tarceri implement the extension, but he will also get to get very familiar with Mesa,
                might even write some documentation/blogs about how to get into Mesa development as a beginner, and might continue to work
                on other stuff in his spare time with his gained knowledge.
                What I mean was if he was running it/formalized a bug hunting bounty/campaign or was involved in this at all.

                Comment


                • #38
                  $50 bucks from me. I am more eager to see the documentation (how you get there) rather than the actual extension.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Drago View Post
                    $50 bucks from me. I am more eager to see the documentation (how you get there) rather than the actual extension.
                    Thanks for your generosity. Their has been a few people make a pledge for that perk so to make it worthwhile for you guys I plain to put at minimum an hour into some documentation at the end of everyday. This should also be a great way to collect my thoughts from that day.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Drago View Post
                      $50 bucks from me. I am more eager to see the documentation (how you get there) rather than the actual extension.
                      Same here.

                      Though it would be nice if the indiegogo link was provided in the news article...

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X