X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zxy_thf
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Only for OpenCL (and maybe for really, really, really old OpenGL versions).
    OpenGL 1.2 has conformance tests

Leave a comment:

• elanthis
    replied
    Well, okay, the two Big New Features are ARB extensions and not guaranteed to be available on any particular GL4.4 implementation, which is annoying, but still, those features will not be possible until D3D12.

Leave a comment:

• elanthis
    replied
    Holy crap, they finally leapfrogged Direct3D, minus a few bits they're still missing, but up a good number of bits Direct3D 11.1 is missing. Good show!

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    Was that not already the case? I thought that's what your certification money "bought", was someone to run the tests and verify it passed.
    Only for OpenCL (and maybe for really, really, really old OpenGL versions).

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by jrdls View Post
    Apparently every driver now has to pass a test suite before being certified. Finally!
    Was that not already the case? I thought that's what your certification money "bought", was someone to run the tests and verify it passed.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by jrdls View Post
    Apparently every driver now has to pass a test suite before being certified. Finally!
    Too bad there is no reference implementation.

Leave a comment:

• jrdls
    replied
    Conformance tests

Leave a comment:

• ciuino
    replied
    would be great if someone did a tech demo based on OpenGL 4.4

Leave a comment:

• Marc Driftmeyer
    replied
    Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    "Expect the proprietary AMD and NVIDIA Linux GPU drivers to soon begin enabling support for OpenGL 4.4"
    i bet we See the Nvidia Drivers this year and the AMD driver by the time HL3 releases
    I bet we never see Nvidia release OpenCL 2.0 compliant kernel support, never mind 1.2.

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
    So will my 500 series GeForce with OGL 4.3, get support for 4.4 with a new driver? I thought that is determined by the hardware, what OGL specificatio it can support. Or is the change not so dramatic that it can be enabled with a driver?

Some specs. will probably not be fully supported/accelerated in hardware.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X