Lima Driver Makes Progress With Shaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
    Mir will solve the thousands of drivers that are yet to be reverse engineered and ported to Linux and maintained, if they will ever be so. Mir bridges the gap by using exiting maintained drivers made for Android, as you already know.
    That's an interesting practicality. I honestly haven't been following all the wayland/mir stuff but being a developer myself I can understand how people who've invested time into a project get very attached to it, which is why I take both wayland and mir with a grain of salt (remember, it's always *the* code and not *MY* code, the worst mistake any developer can make).

Comment

Mir will solve the thousands of drivers that are yet to be reverse engineered and ported to Linux and maintained, if they will ever be so. Mir bridges the gap by using exiting maintained drivers made for Android, as you already know.
      The truth is that mir is farther away from supporting android drivers right now than Wayland is.

Wayland supported such drivers in the past, and support was only dropped because no one was interested in maintaining it. Sounds like a good place for Canonical to pick up the slack. They've claimed that Mir will eventually support Android drivers, but for now that's all just on paper. It hasn't happened yet.

Comment

Have you ever tried working with blob Android drivers? What's that... no?

I didn't think so.

So... STFU. Blob Android drivers are a nightmarish part of playing in AOSP.
        Android is a lot more fun when you're playing in Mesa/Gallium3D.

Comment

Working...
        X